News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1972 Floor Shift what am I missing? Any Pics?

Started by MNMopar, June 27, 2010, 08:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNMopar

I have all linkage except the bottom bracket and bushing that must come off the 727. I have a bracket with a bushing in it for the top, but what am I missing on the bottom side next to the 727?? And does anyone have one or have pics??

Thanks!

gschmidt211

I do believe this is the bracket you are looking for.  Sorry, I do not have an extra, but this picture may help.
1972 Charger Rallye
2014 Ram Outdoorsman 3.6L 4x2
1978 D100 Utiline Standard Cab

MNMopar

that looks like what I'm missing. Looks like it attaches to the frame?

gschmidt211

It attaches to the the transmission.  Near the back of the transmission, where the driveshaft is inserted, there are two holes cast into the transmission housing.  They are on the bottom of the transmission.  The two studs that are mounted to the bracket I pictured go through these two holes holding the bracket in place so that when the z-bar is put through the transmission hump of the car, it engages this bracket.  So, this bracket is mounted to the transmission.  I can get pictures of that as well.  I will post it it early this week.
1972 Charger Rallye
2014 Ram Outdoorsman 3.6L 4x2
1978 D100 Utiline Standard Cab

John_Kunkel

There are two different styles of that bracket, both are available from Bill Rolik and other sources.

http://www.billrolikenterprises.com/products.asp?cat=28
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

charger2fast4u

i just took off that bracket today on my charger. it's located directly under the speedometer cable port on transmission on the bottom of trans.

MNMopar

Usually I figure these kinda things out but this positioning is retarded! :brickwall: Thanks DC.com!

71_Charger_R/T

Hey Hey.... a fellow Minnesotan!  Here's a snap under my car.

hope it helps.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: gschmidt211 on June 27, 2010, 11:12:51 PM
It attaches to the the transmission.  Near the back of the transmission, where the driveshaft is inserted, there are two holes cast into the transmission housing.  They are on the bottom of the transmission.  The two studs that are mounted to the bracket I pictured go through these two holes holding the bracket in place so that when the z-bar is put through the transmission hump of the car, it engages this bracket.  So, this bracket is mounted to the transmission.  I can get pictures of that as well.  I will post it it early this week.
Yea, what he said.

MNMopar

Ya sure dontchyaknow! Thanks for the pic helps me immensly, $36 for a piece of metal seems a bit steep for my budget build!

71_Charger_R/T