News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trunk Help

Started by Matthan, June 29, 2010, 10:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthan

Does anybody have any tips on taking this part of the trunk floor out?

charge69

We put ours in as a one-piece floor and the spare braces and attachment did not come with it. try to measure exactly  where the braces were and put the spare attachment back on (weld it) in the same spot. Get a new one if you have to.  The one-piece floor will require the quarter panel removal or the tail piece  removal and the bumper brackets and tail piece will have to be re-welded.

Do not know about 2-piece trunk  floor applications.

69*F5*SE

A quality Blair spotweld cutter will take care of cutting the spotwelds.  An air chisle will break them free if they aren't completely cut.  Remove the whole piece together so you can measure where the spare tire hold down will go on the new trunk floor as well as the gas tank strap brackets. Or, premeasure where they go as mentioned by charge69.

Matthan

Yeah I am using a 2 piece

HOTROD

I air chiseled mine out with deferante tips or a 4in cut off wheel/angle grinder - there is a lip under neath were the metal is spot wielded go slow and take your time! :popcrn:
What the Hell-Dumass !