News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shipping a rear end, any Truckers here

Started by cudaken, December 20, 2005, 10:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

Hope this is the right section to post this in. I am helping one one of are site members get a 8.75 rear end for his Charger. I am in Maryville IL 14 miles from St Louis Mo and need to get the rear end to Newark NJ.

Wondering what carriers you have used and links so I can get the shipping cost. After Newark it up to Petar to get it to Europe. Seems there are not to many 8.75's over there.

Thanks for the help guys

Cuda Ken
I am back

4402tuff4u

Cudaken, you might want to try www.yellowfreight.com     They are a common carrier with good rates. Do you have anymore of those sure-grip rearends hanging around? Just wondering, cause my R/T is a one legged car from factory.   :icon_smile_sad:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

41husk

Ken, what is that rear out of?  I wonder what yellow would charge to ship my wifes rear end out of the country?  I am sure it's much bigger than 8.75 and I'm not sure about the sure grip ;D
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Old Moparz

Ken,

If you don't mind driving to St. Louis to deliver it, how about Forward Air? (Yes, it's definitely a truck freight company, not air freight.)

http://www.forwardair.com/

If it's going overseas eventually, you should definitely build a crate for it. Make one with the bottom designed for a forklift to pick it up, just like a wooden pallet. Forward Air has terminals in St. Louis & Newark, but depending on where it goes from the Newark terminal, you may need a trucking company to get it. They don't go door to door, so that's why they are generally less expensive.

You need any input on the crate?

Bob
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

GTX

:iagree:  I use Forward all the time for shipping arcade machines and it's way cheaper than most others.

I can ship a 6' 300 pound machine from Utah to Boston for about $150.00

cudaken

Allen, you have the answer for Jo Ann now.

Thanks for the help guys, I will check the link listed.

Petar, people here as a whole know alot.

Cuda Ken

I am back

Charger_Croatia

Quote from: cudaken on December 20, 2005, 05:25:53 PM
Allen, you have the answer for Jo Ann now.

Thanks for the help guys, I will check the link listed.

Petar, people here as a whole know alot.

Cuda Ken

I know that Ken. My knowledge at the beggining was poor and here I got a lot of help.
We all know this is the best forum board in the world.  :icon_smile_big:
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport