News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ron Firefighter3931 could be very busy....Earthquake in Ottawa Canada!!

Started by TUFCAT, June 23, 2010, 01:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

Quote from: firefighter3931 on June 24, 2010, 08:27:42 AM
Thanks for the concern guys but I was off duty and they never called us in....so it wasn't that serious. Just a lot of rattled nurves. No Major damage that i heard of in the city which is good.  :2thumbs:

As mentioned by the West Coast crew....a 5.0 quake isn't all that serious.  ;)

Ron

good, now I feel better about my jokes... was starting to feel a little Karma there for a second :D

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

68blue

Maybe we all have it wrong, the vibration could be caused by Ron firing up another really big engine! ;)

bakerhillpins

Quote from: BIRD67 on June 23, 2010, 08:24:46 PM
People all throughout this area of New Hampshire felt it too! Vermont Yankee, the local powerplant felt it and I felt it!  http://sentinelsource.com/articles/2010/06/23/news/local/free/doc4c224f5f45a96174320831.txt

Yup, we picked up some Emergency news from the NH HSEM Field offices about the quake and the Yankee observations as a result.

A few years ago there was a decent sized quake in Platsburgh Ny that shook the wife and I awake one morning.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Khyron on June 24, 2010, 02:22:27 PM
good, now I feel better about my jokes... was starting to feel a little Karma there for a second :D

You can feel Karma?  :scratchchin: How big were they?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

GPULLER

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 25, 2010, 08:47:54 AM
Quote from: Khyron on June 24, 2010, 02:22:27 PM

You can feel Karma?  :scratchchin: How big were they?

Yeah you know...Karma Electra, they are fake but pretty big.

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Shakey

While we all agree that a 5.0 magnitude earthquake may not be much but.....for an area that doesn't normally get earthquakes it is newsworthy. 

Kinda like when an inch of snow falls in an area that doesn't normally get snow and they shut the city down and declare a state of emergency!   :lol:

greenpigs

Quote from: 68blue on June 24, 2010, 06:11:46 PM

Maybe we all have it wrong, the vibration could be caused by Ron firing up another really big engine! ;)

He needs to get moving if he is going to have the 572 and all the suporting harware installed and dialed in by RACE time. :yesnod:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Tilar

I was in Phelps NY at the time, maybe a couple hundred miles away and didn't feel a thing.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.