News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sunglasses Required!

Started by Troy, September 04, 2007, 12:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

Hey Troy, this is just a thought, but if you put 80% of that effort into one of those 68's you have, wouldn't it be done by now?  :nana:

41husk

I gotta get one of those auto pistol grips, Maybe this weekend.  Looks real good, I miss cruizen in an E body, maybe soon I will get mine done.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

firefighter3931

Car looks great Troy !  :2thumbs:

Why ya slummin with an e-body  :lol:  This is a Charger board, isn't it ?  :nana:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Old Moparz

I bet he's posted a bunch of Charger pics on the Cuda-Challenger board.    :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

bull

Very nice. Good to see some work getting done around here once in a while.

Mefirst

:2thumbs: ....even though its an E-body :D

Good work Troy :cheers:

/Tom

gtx6970

So!!!!!!!!
are you going to St Louis with it

if your interested,,, I'm  leaving late friday afternoon. call me if need be.

Chris G.

Looks great Troy! I love the yellow white combo. It's seldom seen. I thought I had a before pic of that beast at the hotel, but can't find it.

Blue Pentastar

Lookin good Troy

Now go drive it some more and enjoy you deserve it man.

Hope to see you at Monster Mopar this year but realizes it is a ways to go for you.

Mike Schrader
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

Troy

Quote from: Old Moparz on September 04, 2007, 03:36:20 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 04, 2007, 03:06:03 PM
Wow, you even shot your own paint? That's impressive! :yesnod:

Looks really nice Man, congrats!! :cheers:

He's not in charge of this site for nothing, you know.    :D

Looks good Troy, maybe I should leave my car with you for awhile, some progress might be made.   :cheers:
I had a bit of help on the paint. I joined a DIY body shop a while back and it has been a tremendous resource! The pictures of the hood that aren't in my garage and the paint booth are at the shop. The best part is that there's always someone around to help if/when I get stuck. One of the guys stuck around with me to shoot the clear at 3 AM. I work in spurts - I may get a lot done in a week and then not touch anything for a month or two. Progress is a relative term. ;)

Quote from: 70charger_boy on September 04, 2007, 03:43:15 PM
What a nice car, Troy.  It's nice to be rich.  Ok, you're not rich, but you have one kick ass website.
Thanks Troy
Haha, if I don't count the hood and the other parts I bought last year (interior, screws, etc.) I bet there's not $200 in it this summer. Basically it's paint thinner, degreaser/cleaner, several cans of spray paint (white, flat black underneath, dark argent silver, Hemi orange, satin black on the tail and grill, filler primer, and etching primer), two rolls of good masking tape, plumber's epoxy, a roll of masking paper, a bunch of old newspapers, several razor blades, some scuff pads, two scrapers, 3M spray glue for the headliner and carpet, weatherstripping adhesive, various grits of sandpaper, and an endless supply of Mountain Dew. I had a lot of sandpaper and the glazing putty left over from the hood. I have no idea how many hours I put into it though. I think it took about four evenings to get the carpet right and about five evenings and a Saturday to do the headliner and trim. The wheels and tires are actually swiped from one of the Chargers until I get the 17s for this car (I need them to clear the new brakes).

Quote from: 69charger2002 on September 04, 2007, 03:51:00 PM
i'll take partial credit for you owning a kick ass DRIVEABLE cuda.. how many of your chargers are done now?? lol and that would mean you would be driving and enjoying ?? yeah it's nice to have a driver. who cares if it "needs" paint
trav
Um, yeah. :eyes: No seriously, the moral support and encouragement is much appreciated as these projects can certainly get depressing at times. Now, if you want to donate a 68 R/T I'll give you a lot more credit... :D

Quote from: 69_500 on September 04, 2007, 03:53:29 PM
Hey Troy, this is just a thought, but if you put 80% of that effort into one of those 68's you have, wouldn't it be done by now?  :nana:
If I put 80% of this effort into a Charger it would still be a shell. My Chargers are completely torn down and the closest one to being finished is missing a lot of important parts (like wiring). Besides, I just figured out how to wet sand and the Chargers need welding. I'm actually using this car to "practice" on before I screw up a Charger. I know it seems like the long way of reaching my goal but that's how I justify it. :thumbs:

Quote from: 41husk on September 04, 2007, 04:17:06 PM
I gotta get one of those auto pistol grips, Maybe this weekend.  Looks real good, I miss cruizen in an E body, maybe soon I will get mine done.
Let me know, I can probably get you a good deal. You finished an entire car in less time than it took me to put an interior in.

Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 04, 2007, 05:54:18 PM

Why ya slummin with an e-body  :lol:  This is a Charger board, isn't it ?  :nana:

Ron
I got tired of people asking "where's your car" so I bought one. They should have been more specific because now all I hear is "where's your Charger"... Speaking of Chargers, where is yours?  :whistling:

Quote from: bull on September 05, 2007, 12:48:48 AM
Very nice. Good to see some work getting done around here once in a while.
Quote from: Mefirst on September 05, 2007, 03:32:47 AM
:2thumbs: ....even though its an E-body :D

Good work Troy :cheers:

/Tom
Quote from: Chris G. on September 05, 2007, 09:16:05 AM
Looks great Troy! I love the yellow white combo. It's seldom seen. I thought I had a before pic of that beast at the hotel, but can't find it.
Thanks!

Quote from: gtx6970 on September 05, 2007, 08:22:34 AM
So!!!!!!!!
are you going to St Louis with it

if your interested,,, I'm  leaving late friday afternoon. call me if need be.
Quote from: Blue Pentastar on September 05, 2007, 10:54:21 AM
Lookin good Troy

Now go drive it some more and enjoy you deserve it man.

Hope to see you at Monster Mopar this year but realizes it is a ways to go for you.

Mike Schrader
I'll be heading out to Monster Mopar on Thursday night and hanging out at the wing car group/gathering/meeting/cookout on Friday. I was checking the weather and there's a rather high probability of rain between here and there all the way through Sunday. Unfortunately, the car still leaks. I didn't worry about it much last year because I knew I was replacing most of the parts that could get ruined but now all that stuff is new. So, right now I don't know if I'll be taking the car even though I'd love to take it on a road trip. I'll make a final decision Thursday at work.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: Nice to have a thread of your own, huh Mr. Boss Man?..  :lol:

bring some electrical tape to keep out the rain, it's wide enuff and comes off with out any problems and looks a whole lot better then duct tape...  :D

The70RT

Nice car Troy. Hope you get to drive to the show  :2thumbs: Nothing like having everyone pass by with thumbs up.......then hammering by a bunch at a time :icon_smile_cool:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

69_500

Hey Troy, your going to hit up the wing car day again? I'll be there again in the C500, and my neighbor is driving his 67 Baracuda over with me. So you won't be the only non-aero car there.

I'm sure I'll see ya at some point this weekend.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

firefighter3931

Quote from: Troy on September 05, 2007, 12:20:32 PM
[
Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 04, 2007, 05:54:18 PM

Ron
I got tired of people asking "where's your car" so I bought one. They should have been more specific because now all I hear is "where's your Charger"... Speaking of Chargers, where is yours?  :whistling:

Troy

Hey, mine has some paint on it, at least !  :nana: :lol:

You gonna make Norwalk ? We'll be there all w/e !  :cheers:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Magnumcharger

Quote from: hemi68charger on September 04, 2007, 10:12:39 AM
Great work.......... Looks sweet... Great color combo......

Troy (the other Troy  :icon_smile_big: )

OK...now I'm confused. I thought you were one and the same... :shruggy: :scratchchin: :ahum:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

4cruzin

WOW that is looking SWEET!!  If everyone here gives you too much sh!t over it being an e-body, I could take it off your hands to ease the pain.    :D   

Great job Troy . . is that my trunk lid??   :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

chargermick

Sucks that you didn't have it all summer but, it looks like it was worth the wait!