News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 RT Fender tag qestion for the TRM section

Started by PlainfieldCharger, April 28, 2012, 10:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlainfieldCharger

Hello All,
I have been able to decode all but one section of my just purchased 68 RT.... The TRM section is as follows: T-C, R-1, M-R.
I am coming up with C=Charger R=unknown , M=Red Interior.

Can anyone tell me what the 1 is for?

Thanks

cdr

mine is c6x ,c=charger trim grade,6=bucket seats,x=black vinyl,      here is a good decoder link,http://www.mymopar.com/index.php   i dont find a 1 on this decoder,got a pic of your fender tag?
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

1BAD68

"Charger Trim Grade Red Interior"
is what I found, somethings missing.
I agree, post a picture if you can.

CCR

Are you sure it is 1 and not 7? 7 is vinyl and cloth bucket seats...
1968 Charger R/T

John_Kunkel

I'm thinking all-vinyl buckets were standard on the R/T so the number under R should be 6.  :shruggy:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

PlainfieldCharger

I do have red interior....I had a hard time finding something out there but the code readers say that there are more codes listed...contact the white Books?

69CoronetRT

Quote from: John_Kunkel on April 28, 2012, 05:10:55 PM

I'm thinking all-vinyl buckets were standard on the R/T so the number under R should be 6.  :shruggy:

I agree.

Pretty sure the C6* ws the only interior available in a 68 R/T.
A "1" would be a cloth and vinyl bench seat which we know wasn't available for a 68 R/T.
Can you post a picture of the tag?
Are you sure it's the original tag?
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

PlainfieldCharger

I am not sure it is original.... But everything else on it is correct to the car. I also thought it might mean "low luster paint" on the interior paint. This is a silver car with red interior. Don't see many of these?

cdr

if you post a pic of you fender tag someone WILL help you
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr