News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

movie at branson

Started by marty42, July 19, 2010, 09:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty42

What was the name of the movie we saw at Branson?  I would like to tack it down. 

moparstuart

Quote from: marty42 on July 19, 2010, 09:53:44 AM
What was the name of the movie we saw at Branson?  I would like to tack it down. 
finish line

you hated it  ?  :shruggy: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

I liked everything but the ending. I like just about any movie that has mopars in it.
Well, The Wraith kind of sucked.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 19, 2010, 11:30:12 AM
I liked everything but the ending. I like just about any movie that has mopars in it.
Well, The Wraith kind of sucked.
dont tell lyle that   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:     http://www.thewraithcar.com/

Dave Kanofsky

What do you think it would take to buy the Wraith car? 
A freind of mine was seriously considering making an offer.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

moparstuart

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on July 19, 2010, 12:11:57 PM
What do you think it would take to buy the Wraith car?  
A freind of mine was seriously considering making an offer.
I know lyle well he has a superbird convert like mine same color but has a hemi in it .  No idea what he has in the wraith car money wise ?  I wish he would have put the chrysler 2.2 turbo motor in it not the GM 3.8 ?
 Lyle can be flakey  ?  He is a big talker and will talk your ear off . (could be related to rick  :smilielol: )  I would look the car over very closely if interested in buying .
:Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents:

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

moparstuart

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on July 19, 2010, 02:11:15 PM
Thanks for the insight!
sure anytime if he gets serious have him call me before he buys .

hotrod98

I didn't hate the car. It was the entire plot of the movie that kind of sucked.
I think my favorite mopar movie was the "made for tv" version of Vanishing Point. More mopar muscle than most movies.
I had a guy that makes local videos for car shows, tv commercials, etc mention that he would like to take all of my mopars and make a movie around them. Kind of a cruise night in a small town theme. He just happened to be filming a cruise night in a small town when he mentioned it. Maybe that's where he got the idea.
Maybe I could make a Wraith type movie with the Black Ice Superbird...with a better plot of course.
I would have to add some 18" black rims and tint the windows really dark...maybe not.

Charles Addams

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Ghoste

It sems to me that I heard something once about Finish Line being a kind of a homemade project that some car club in California put together.  It certainly has a home made quality and low budget aspect to it.  But, it does have cool cars so...

Aero426

IIRC, a guy named George Mederos from California who owned the yellow Bird in the movie, was behind the project.

hotrod98

Someone, I think it was Sue, said that he was a past member of the WWNBOA. It would be great if there were more low budget car movies made. I'm surprised that there aren't more of them.

Charles Addams

DonC1

There actually is one.
Known as ' RedLine ' it was filmed by Caroli productions in the late 80's in LA and features a superbird clone I built,
numerous big fords and a ferrari 308.
Working with Gene Winfield before that (original wraith car movie builder ) I was often at Gene's house where he kept the last wraith clone and numerous other one off movie cars in his backyard in the late 80's.
One 70's movie...that the title eludes me featured a bookish type kid and elderly lady..and a air grabber 70 roadrunner...anyone know of this flick?

Ghoste

Neither of those register with me. :shruggy:  There are a pretty fair number of low budget car movies once you start digging though.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 19, 2010, 07:24:42 PM
I think my favorite mopar movie was the "made for tv" version of Vanishing Point. More mopar muscle than most movies.
I had a guy that makes local videos for car shows, tv commercials, etc mention that he would like to take all of my mopars and make a movie around them. Kind of a cruise night in a small town theme. He just happened to be filming a cruise night in a small town when he mentioned it. Maybe that's where he got the idea.
Maybe I could make a Wraith type movie with the Black Ice Superbird...with a better plot of course.
I would have to add some 18" black rims and tint the windows really dark...maybe not.
will you crash it into a bull doser at the end   :D

Charger-Bodie

I have the Finish Line movie if someone wants to copy it. It is kinda cheezy but all in all its OK . The Charger should have resurfaced at some point though IMO.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on July 20, 2010, 09:14:04 AM
I have the Finish Line movie if someone wants to copy it. It is kinda cheezy but all in all its OK . The Charger should have resurfaced at some point though IMO.
its at the bottom of a lake   :icon_smile_big:

hotrod98

Quote from: moparstuart on July 20, 2010, 09:01:05 AM
Quote from: hotrod98 on July 19, 2010, 07:24:42 PM
will you crash it into a bull doser at the end   :D

I could use the clone for that...

Speaking of my clone. I need to sell it. I'll make someone a heck of a deal. I have to reduce the number of cars sitting around here.

Charles Addams

41husk

Why reduce,  You will just fined more some time down the road :nana:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hotrod98

You mean like the 71 Cuda shaker hood car that I bought today?  I need to go into rehab.  :D

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 20, 2010, 07:27:12 PM
You mean like the 71 Cuda shaker hood car that I bought today?  I need to go into rehab.  :D
dude you fall into so much nice stuff ,

hotrod98

I've seen some pretty good deals out there lately. I've had to pass on several great buys.
I wish that I could keep them all but there's just no way. I need to re-list the Superbird clone project. I also need to sell the 71 Sassy grass green Barracuda, the 68 runner, the 70 Chal RT SE and my 80 Volare wagon. I'm saving the 69 runner for my brother. That will put me down to the bird, Sandra's cuda and my two 71 Cudas. That's plenty of cars. Both 71's are drag cars so I'll have the two drivers to maintain. I can handle that.
I'll probably get it to where I want it just in time to die and leave it all to my kids.

Charles Addams