News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Testing 1969 Power Window Motor

Started by mike337, May 30, 2010, 04:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike337

I am rebuilding my 69 Charger, I have power windows, and want to test the motors before I install them.  Can anyone tell me if the two leads on the connector are both positive (window up/window down) and the motor is grounded through the mount to the body, or is the negative connection through one of the connector leads?

Mike

FLG

You can test it on a battery, touch it on the posts and it should spin one direction, reverse polarity to make it spin the opposite direction.

mike337

So connect the positive to one of the connector plugs spade terminals, and the negative to the other?  Trying to make sure I don't toast a motor.

FLG

It makes no difference which way its connected (for testing purposes anyways). Connected one way the motor will turn in one direction, connected reversed it will spin the oppisite direction.

Dodge Don

Quote from: FLG on May 30, 2010, 04:26:31 PM
You can test it on a battery, touch it on the posts and it should spin one direction, reverse polarity to make it spin the opposite direction.

Agree. Easy to bench test. Just need a battery and two wires.

elacruze

Yup, the polarity is reversed in the switches.

You can test with some jumpers and a battery, but do test both directions. If the brushes are badly worn it may work much better one direction than the other.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.