News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How hard is it to remove the rear window and trim????

Started by Mfr426, December 15, 2005, 09:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Well folks, I hate to even think about this but my spear trim trim is hitting the rear window trim. I've determined this to be from having too thick of rear sealant installed when the glass shop put in the rear window. My car has a new vinyl top too to add to the excitement.

My question is this: How hard is it to remove the rear window trim and rear window and then to reinstall it with the correct thickness sealant. I hate to do it but if I put the spears on with the trim like this I'll "snap" the spear at one of the mounting posts. Also, it just looks like hell with the trim overlapping like this.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all.

Mike R

58pwrwgn

How long ago did the glass shop put it in. I would call them If you think the sealant is to thick. They may take care of it as a warrenty isssue.

Mfr426

It was about 8 months ago. The car has never been driven and has sat in the garage under car cover since. My only concern is having them do the work. When I took the car to them to do the work originally they knicked the hood. They ate the $400 repaint cost but I'm afraid of that happening again...

Mike R

cudaken

Most glass shop's will do the work at your house as well. If you don't want to use the same company get a driffrent one that will come to your house. I have used Safty Lite in St Louis but they are across the country.

Cuda Ken
I am back