News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

throttle rod issue- '70 727 in a '73 charger

Started by Sean, May 15, 2010, 12:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

hey everyone, new here, need some input if you don't mind. I pulled my 727 because it wasnt shifting right and could not figure out for the life of me what it was. After pulling the 727 and researching the casting numbers I have found it is a 1970 727 in my 1973 charger. Now that i know this I am having a hell of a time adjusting the throttle rod. What would be the best permanent fix for this? Would you install a bolt on the throttle rod to fix or is there a 1970 style/era throttle rod or linkage I could go with that would fix it right?

Ghoste

The bolt in the rod is a really cheap dirty sort of band aid fix.  Something you might do to get home but not really for any length of time.  Has anything else changed?  Carb, intake?

Sean

Quote from: Ghoste on May 15, 2010, 12:38:15 PM
The bolt in the rod is a really cheap dirty sort of band aid fix.  Something you might do to get home but not really for any length of time.  Has anything else changed?  Carb, intake?

no, currently running a CH4B intake and 3310 Holley.

John_Kunkel

Do you have the correct Mopar throttle lever extension on that 3310? If not, you'll never get the linkage to work right and the aftermarket manifold doesn't help.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Sean

Quote from: John_Kunkel on May 15, 2010, 06:10:34 PM

Do you have the correct Mopar throttle lever extension on that 3310? If not, you'll never get the linkage to work right and the aftermarket manifold doesn't help.

Pm sent John