News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modified Superbird Suspension

Started by magrahamkp08, May 02, 2010, 10:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magrahamkp08

I am in the planning stages of doing a superbird clone.  What kind of suspensions are people running in their aero cars, speicifically modified ones.  I think i would prefer an IRS, but presently the company i found isnt making them due to the economy.  Otherwise i was gonna do a dana 60 and a 4 link.  Any ideas?

moparstuart

just do the dana 60 and 4 link  , I think that should do the trick .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

DAY CLONA

If your building the car for street and track/road course use,....the XV Motorsports Level 1 front and rear package can't be beat for the price and performance, you get front and rear springs/shocks/bars/links/etc....generally around $2400,....a 4 wheel disc set up would balance out the cars braking, as would a Firm Feel Stage II or III power steering box,.........

If your building an all out track car (G-Machine) a Level II XV set up is the way to go, prices have recently dropped on the Level II suspensions.......

There's many companies building IRS set ups, IMHO the IRS is for a dedicated track car,....unless money is no object?...if your good at chassis fab, you could retrofit a late 80's-90's Ford Thunderbird SuperCoupe IRS, have your IRS and rear discs,...the  Thunderchicken IRS track width is very close to the B bodies

But before you make any suspension choices, you should consider what the car is going to be used for?........

FYI...there's currently a B body XV Level I set up, never used, for sale in the DodgeCharger. com parts for sale section,...asking $1800 IIRC, plus a Firm Feel Stage II box, never used for $400,....seller says package deal possible if interested in both,...You could probally score it all for $2-$2200 :scratchchin:

BPTRacing

An RMS "lynx" rear system will convert the dana to a coil over triangulated 4-bar suspension for about $1800 with minimal welding.

I am building a full 4-link rear and using an RMS Alter-k-tion for the front on my street strip project.
Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.