News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help repatching rust holes (PICTURES ARE UP!)

Started by irishluck, April 12, 2010, 10:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishluck

that site you referred me to has alot of great stuff i will be buying now for my project, thanks for that.

so i heard though that a plasma cutter can be used to put in patches and new peices of metal, and was told its 10 times easier than using a mig welder. true or false

bobs66440

Quote from: irishluck on April 28, 2010, 02:14:27 PM
so i heard though that a plasma cutter can be used to put in patches and new peices of metal, and was told its 10 times easier than using a mig welder. true or false

I've never heard of a plasma cutter being used for anything other than cutting.

Ghoste

Having used a plasma cutter I can't even imagine how you do that.  I'm not going to say it's impossible but I can't wrap my head around the idea.

69*F5*SE

bobs66440

Quote from: Ghoste on April 28, 2010, 04:33:29 PM
Having used a plasma cutter I can't even imagine how you do that.  I'm not going to say it's impossible but I can't wrap my head around the idea.

I did a quick search and found nothing. I think they are only used for cutting.

Bob

irishluck

hmm idk, maybe im just dreaming. i dont know.

either way, i think im going to hold off on the body patches for now cause all the panels will have to be replaced any ways. there in a place where its just to hard to fix. i did find a trunk lid though finally ill be picking up for like 30 dollars. and will be picking up my redone heads for the car tomorrow=D just going to cost a good 400 dollars=(

irishluck

hey by chance, do you guys know of any swap meets going on in the kansas city area? i figured i could go there to get myself some new body panels and things

elacruze

Quote from: bobs66440 on April 28, 2010, 04:02:20 PM
Quote from: irishluck on April 28, 2010, 02:14:27 PM

I've never heard of a plasma cutter being used for anything other than cutting.

Some power supplies can run a plasma cutter and TIG also. You'll not find a good one for $50, either.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

69*F5*SE

I think a plasma cutter is the last tool that you need. Get a mig welder and run it with 75/25 gas.  You can use spotweld cutters and  cut off wheel to remove things. Plasma cutters are nice to have but, not completely necessary. :Twocents: