News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Build Date 68 Charger Q

Started by qwick68, April 22, 2010, 01:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qwick68

My 68 shows a build date of 229, which translates into February 29 1968....leap year...my Q is that the original title shows a sale date of 3-8-68 and is signed by DMV 3-14-68.  Is this enough time to have the car built and delivered? Seems kind of close....I will add that this was an ordered car as shown on the fender tag and build sheet...any input would be great
68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

Dans 68

The build date on the fender tag is the scheduled build date, and not the actual build date. So I don't see any problem with the stated sale date and DMV registered date. Why don't you post a photo of the tag info so we all can see.  :popcrn:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

rav440

ordered , built ,  delivered , sold and titled with in 2 weeks . sounds like alot of time to me .
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

69CoronetRT

As Dan said, the SPD was only the  scheduled date. The actual build date could have been earlier. The only documented facts we have are the sold and DMV dates.

Say it was actually built on 2/29. Depending on where it was sold, that leaves seven days for it to get to it's location (assuming it was at the dealership for at least one day to do final prep, etc). Since it was built in Detroit, you could get a car on a hauler to a dealership pretty much anywhere in the contential US in 6-7 days.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.