News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fuel sender ground wire

Started by Tilar, April 21, 2010, 04:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

On my 73 the fuel gauge doesnt work. I checked the gauge and wire from the tank and it all works. I also noticed there is a ground wire that runs from the sending unit on the tank, Across the rubber hose and to the metal line that runs down the frame. This doesnt seem to be very tight at all. Where can I get this wire or should I somehow run another wire from the sending unit to ground on the frame?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Ghoste

FWIW, I added a second ground on mine.  The existing one was fine on my car but I was working under there one day and decided for the amount of time and money it would take, a little redundancy couldn't hurt.

Tilar

How did you connect it to the sending unit? I was thinking of maybe using a hose clamp and just clamping the wire to the tube coming out of the sending unit, and then going to the frame somewhere.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Ghoste

That's basically what I did. :lol:  I covered the mess with a little bit of silicone too.  It isn't pretty but no one will ever see it unless they are taking the car apart.