News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DOH jump car for sale... again $60,000.00

Started by BB1, December 10, 2005, 08:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB1

Delete my profile

hemi68charger

ARRGHHHHHHHHHHHH  !!!!!

It's from the %$^#(@-ers  from Volo !!!!   Run, Run very fast in the other direction........

But, to their credit, they do offer a 12 month, 12,000 warranty..... 

:haha:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

I thought Travis (69charger2002) owned that car?  the one that did that jump??
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Pistolpete

Unfortunately I bet it sells pretty quick, gotta admit if the price wasnt so crazy it might be a cool project
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

TruckDriver

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 10, 2005, 09:32:36 AM
I thought Travis (69charger2002) owned that car?   the one that did that jump??

That was his. You can't tell by the back ground? But look who is selling it...

Call Volo Auto Museum
815-385-3644.  VOLO, IL.
Send an Email: collectorcar@volocars.com
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bull

I guess hlpag needs to stop trying to hide the damage and shoddy repairs on their fleet and raise their prices.

Charger_Fan

I wonder if this is the same car? If so, they fixed the front end, somewhat.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Troy

Yes, Travis did own that at one point but I'm pretty sure he sold it while the hype over the new movie was still going.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

jaak

Quote from: Troy on December 10, 2005, 12:06:51 PM
Yes, Travis did own that at one point but I'm pretty sure he sold it while the hype over the new movie was still going.

Troy

yeah Trav sold it on eBay a couple of weeks after movie released

jaak

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 10, 2005, 10:58:30 AM
I wonder if this is the same car? If so, they fixed the front end, somewhat.

I think that is a pic of the car between interstate and courthouse jumps ( at movie set garage)

Todd Wilson

This is the General Lee that made the freeway jump and was in the movie. The others didnt jump as well and didnt make the film.

Todd

69_500

What a steal. I mean come on its only $60K. To think the same place sold the wrecked F&F car last year for like $30K.

CNH 320

Quote from: Todd Wilson on December 10, 2005, 04:00:53 PM
This is the General Lee that made the freeway jump and was in the movie. The others didnt jump as well and didnt make the film.

Todd
No it aint! The freeway jump was put together from 2 or 3 car jumps.

bull

I just watched the movie with the behind the scenes clips and I swear the stunt men said they used the same car on at least two of the big jumps with the freeway jump being the last. The big ones were the first one at the beginning of the movie across the creek, the freeway jump and then the one near the end when Bo was trying to get to the courthouse after the race. I'm glad they cobbled the jump cars back together for subsequent jumps rather than destroying more Chargers. I guess that's called recycling. :rotz:

Ghoste

I thought MCG had a series of articles on that movie and they said something about multiple takes for some of the jumps.

Troy

That car jumped 3 times. They didn't have to cobble much together because the jumps were much less damaging than the original ones (no driver and much less weight). All these cars were lauched with a catupult type system so the survived better.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69charger2002

well give it to them. i'm sure they'd love you to just GIVE them $1000. you never have anything interesting to say. all smart ass or stupid. gets so annoying. yes i had that car, i sold it to them on ebay right after the movie came out. can't blame them for trying to triple their money, that's what it's all about right? it is a historical car no doubt. $60k?? well maybe not..
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Todd Wilson

Quote from: CNH 320 on December 11, 2005, 09:58:28 AM
Quote from: Todd Wilson on December 10, 2005, 04:00:53 PM

Todd
No it aint! The freeway jump was put together from 2 or 3 car jumps.

My friend who owns the general was there for the event. He has written papers from John Wizer of Hazzard Productions.

The car in question from the auction was used for the freeway jump but flew the wrong way and landed bad.  This was the pre cooter paint car from the old series. It was then taken back to the place they built the Generals for the movie and test launched on the ramp. None of that was used in the movie!!!!!

Car #127 (My friends car)  made the freeway jump and went the farthest and landed the best and was used in the movie.

His car hit something before it stopped and that caused the damage.

Todd

bull

Yes, they showed two freeway jumps in the blooper reel. One of the cars went off to the right and hit the guard rail after landing, the other took off to the left and nailed the concrete barrier.

trev-68

hi guy's this is my charger, the one that got away, i bought the car last year from brockersbeautys in auburn hills california, it nearly got bought up by warner bros, they reallly wanted it as it was allready orange, but i had just put down my deposit, so dennis the sales guy told em they could not have it as it was sold, phew!!
They told him they were buying 24 cars to smash 18 of them up, jeezz :o the car now resides in washington england, the car used to reside in nevada and was owned by scott and rodger bearden.   

Ghoste

Looks nice.  Glad you saved it from them.  A lot of people don't have a problem with them destroying Chargers for that show but I'm not one of them.

LivedodgeItaly

...what a beauty!!! glad you could save it from the crashes!!!
..         Andrea

sandmbmx88

i live like a half hour away from volo. my uncle used to take my there when i was little. over the years ive heard things about lawsuites and stuff over false claims. were they all just stories or did that really happen?