News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sequential LED tailights.

Started by Big Sugar, August 25, 2009, 05:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Sugar

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

HemiTom

I see a 3rd Gen Charger in the picture in the ad, wondering if they are working on a set for them....

just emailed them....waiting for a responce...

Hemidog

Big Sugar

New You Tube Video.

Looks like nice stuff for the 69-70 crowd, 1st gen charger Tailight LED's are now in prototype stage I'm told.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDoKJ6AvGqM

Contact Dave Hall @ www.restoreamusclecar.com

Seems like a nice outfit.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

motorcitydak

after watching the video on youtube, I have to say that I like the way it all works and looks originally.  The LED's just do not look rite to me
96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

Finn

I like them. Id like to work something similar out for my 68 except with a fade in/out look.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Hemidog

The taillights look too square, I dont like it...
Maybe they whould look better in a 68.

68RRFlyer

I used to be really into Shelby GT500KR clones, and they had the kits in them as well.  I used the same one that I used in my Mustangs on my 69 http://www.mustangproject.com/ProductDisplay.aspx?ID=0db53fc0-db73-4837-b34b-6ca7910afcf9  It's actually the universal kit and it works great.  Matter of fact, I gave them the part numbers of my interior bulbs and they made a package deal for me: the rear set up, the interior dash lights, and the front T/S lights all LEDs.  The tail lights need to have the inner sockets changed to accept the 1157 bulb sockets.  They even went as far as drawing me a diagram using the 69 original wiring diagram as a reference.  Nice guys.  Once you do a little parts finding, they plug right in.  I'm away from home, but you can PM me and when I get home in a week I can get the pics of what I used for the tail light sockets and some pics.  I think I just got some from Advance and fabricated a piece to fit in the tail light housing recess.  The wiring couldn't be simpler.  IIRC, the inner sockets are connected with bullet connector to the wiring harness.  Plug and play, basically.  I had a hard time getting the sequence pictures down to show all three, but they start out with the inner, then the middle lights up, then the outer lights up.  It's not a 1-2-3 thing, it's more like a 1, 1-2, 1-2-3.  So in other words, the inner lights up and then the middle joins up for two lights being on, followed by the outer for all three being lit up.  Here's a few pics...        
Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1964 Corvette Convertible
1949 Chevy 3100

68RRFlyer

Now the inner lights up...
Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1949 Chevy 3100

68RRFlyer

..now the outer.  And here's where I couldn't get the picture to get all three at the same time, so I photo shopped it.  You get the idea.  They're a cool addition and it's funny when most guys see it they say, "Oh yeah, I remember my car doing that...."

Cheers  :cheers:
Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1949 Chevy 3100

Ghoste

Just my personal opinion I guess but I don't care them on the 69 at all.  I like them somewhat on the first gens but not enough to ever do it to my own car.

lacucarachaloco

I just picked up some LED replacement bulbs for my truck.. they are an exact replacement for the stock bulbs with no rewiring. I got them at Autozone. I believe they make the bulb that will fit Chargers, but I didn't sit there and go through all the numbers.

KS71owner

I've considered putting those sequential turn signals on my 3rd gen several times. My brother's '70 Cougar has them, and every time I see them working I consider getting them for mine.

dodgecharger-fan

I was following a 66 Charger yesterday when it signalled a left hand turn....

It needs the sequential setup.  :Twocents:

1ofnone

Hi Ron . Not sure if you are keeping an eye on this topic. But I just started building my own L.E.D. taillights tonight.I agree with the one guy who says those utube ones look to square.And the L.E.D. bulb replacement 1157 units just look like a bright bulb. I am building a set that has over 50 L.E.D.s in each bulb spot are are set lower into the housings then the utube set. I did a test in the shop tonight and the lighting is even and 4 to 5 times brighter then the original side.In a couple of days I will have the left side complete and back in and will post comparison pictures with the right side.

71383bee

Quote from: KS71owner on September 20, 2009, 10:44:41 AM
I've considered putting those sequential turn signals on my 3rd gen several times. My brother's '70 Cougar has them, and every time I see them working I consider getting them for mine.

I agree!

They would look awesome on the 3rd gen louvered taillights.   
71 - FC7 383 Super Bee