News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hyperco composite leafs springs!?

Started by Wicked72, March 17, 2010, 09:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked72

I was wondering if anyone has started using these yet? They are 70%lighter then steel and stronger from what they claim. Anyone have an idea of what max hp/tq normal springs can handle and what the composite can handle? Im going to do some digging around. They have a custom mounting diagram that looks like a pain in the ass, could make it harder to run rear exhaust. I just wonder if that has to be the way they are installed.. you would have to move the axle mounting perches to :brickwall:. http://www.hypercoils.com/ :scratchchin:
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Mike DC

Everybody wonders about the strength/durability of switching leaf springs to composites.  But nobody ever seems to actually break the composite ones.  The truth is composite springs can survive plenty of heavier-duty industrial situations than being under a musclecar, so I would guess you're probably all right. 

But I don't know about the dimensions.  If the composites are wider than the stockers at any point, that could potentially rub the tires depending on your situation back there. 

Wicked72

I got ahold of someone at Hyperco and they said for the leaf springs that have an app, say Chrysler, or chevy you just mount them normal, the diagram for custom mounting is for oval track ppl. I was also told they WILL handle anything I can put on them.....hmmmmm :scratchchin:. a set is $320 and mounting them is the same as stock but you have to add some rubber to prevent metal touching them, I dont know if its included but I would imagine it should be. Im not sure what my rear suspension set up will be yet but Ill consider it.
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected