News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

can you swap a 68 grille into a 69

Started by kkingvette, February 21, 2010, 12:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkingvette

looking at trading my car for a 69 charger, ive seen the topic with all the grille subjects but didnt see one that says anything about swapping a 1968 grille into a 69. so it it possible?

Charger-Bodie

Yes, it is something easily done. No modifications. Direct bolt in. as long as you are swapping out the entire assembly.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

kab69440

Yes, it is a direct bolt-in. You will have to move the hood latch if you use the 68's grille support in the 69, however.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

HITMAN 149

68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

kab69440

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Ghoste

At least it will be easier for the next owner to fix than putting a 69 taillight panel into a 68.

Troy

The only real differences are the frame (due to the hood latch location), plastic center section and the driver's headlight door (emblem location).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

i guess it's better than painting the entire grill black..  :shruggy:

kkingvette

i may trade my corvette for a 69 dodge charger but i have always wanted a 68, i may just swap the grille but after seeing it in person im not sure

Mike DC

The grille is pretty easy.  Bolt-in stuff.

The taillights are not an easy swap.  It means cutting out the rear sheetmetal panel that they sit in and replacing it with the 68 item. 

The total production numbers from 1968 and 1969 were pretty similar.  And the 69 car has a slightly larger following today.  I would just hold out and find a 1968 car if I was you. 

69rtse4spd

Get the 69 & be in the inner circle. :2thumbs:.

miller

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

TylerCharger69

I like that cheese grater in the center myself....but only if it's a '69 and it belongs there