News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Frame rail dimension - Does anyone have this?

Started by Captain D, February 14, 2010, 06:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Hi all,

I was curious to see if anyone happened to have this diagram. I'm looking for the measurements of the rear frame rails particularly. If so, would you be able to scan it w/ a pdf file or simply let me know what the measurements are?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-1970-DODGE-CORONET-CHARGER-FRAME-DIMENSION-CHART_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e5a4ec3bcQQitemZ130364130236QQptZMotorsQ5fManualsQ5fLiterature#ht_1253wt_545

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Aaron

58pwrwgn

Search for the topic "I need a measurement" with my name and you will find that diagram

Captain D

Excellent, "thank you" for the reply and direction 58pwrwgn...much appreciated!  :2thumbs:
High regards,
Aaron

Captain D

Okay...I printed all of that info up. However, the body shop guy said that he wants to see if I can get something w/ more numbers/measurements of the rear frame rails. I'm still looking/searching here on the forums, but if anyone happens to have a diagram w/ "more numbers/measurements" please let me know!
Thank you kindly,
Aaron

Mike DC

That image is already the most detailed frame diagramming that the factory ever published.  If anything further is needed then somebody has to climb under a car and measure it. 

Captain D

Yep, that's what I told him...we know of someone about a 1/2 hour away who has a 69' Charger so I told him the same thing: we can just get up under there and take all of the measurements he needs if he's looking for something specific.
Thank you again gents for your time and guidance!
Aaron

58pwrwgn

I found that diagram to be lacking too. In the end I used a couple of the points. What I finally did was to drop a number of plumb bob point and I used those to determine both a center line as well as for the diagonals.

TylerCharger69

I agree....you can determine other measurements by using existing ones.....What exactly do you need?....I'll measure mine and tell ya

Captain D

I think we're okay...the body man wanted me to ask - Does the rear spring mounts (the pieces that adjoins to the rear frame rails on both sides) actually bolt to anything, say, to the rear cross-member (where the gas tank straps connect to)? The reason why he wanted me to ask was because we see drilled holes and he wanted to see if they're meant to actually be used to be bolted to anything or not...

Thank you again for your time & for any replies,
Aaron

58pwrwgn

Here is a pic. Everything is Spotwelded.

Captain D

Good pic, thank you for posting! I'll relay the message that, despite the factory drilled holes, there are no bolts involved - its simply welded. Thank you again for your time and guidance! :cheers:
High regards,
Aaron