News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's the 1st thing you did when you got your Charger home? Do you remember?

Started by xx29440charger, February 14, 2010, 02:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I looked mine over and took pictures while carefully ignoring the problem areas. I was riding high and didn't want any bad news at the moment.

Leonidas Rex

Pushed it up into the garage, pulled out a lawn chair, opened a few beers, turned the radio on loud and just began to stare at it with a shit eating grin on my face, according to my wife. My kids asked my wife if I was ok because I was not answering them. She told them that I would be ok, gave them $5 for ice cream from my wallet and told them if I wanted to know who told them they could have the money, tell me that I said it was ok when they gave me beer.

Jonas_N

I listened to it idling..until it ran out of gas.. :slap:

Dans 68

Lots of photos.... :boogie:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

jasonfromIKILLYA

Parked it in the driveway, rolled up the windows, and locked both doors.............It wasn't until the next day I realized that they keys I had been given didn't unlock the doors.  D'OH!
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

tricky lugnuts

First thing I did was fix my mom's garage!

Car was towed to my mom's house by the seller on a trailer. He backed up into the driveway and the car got loose when we were unloading it. It rolled down the trailer, up the driveway, and smashed through the space separating the two garage doors. Didn't even scratch the Charger. The seller, feeling guilty, helped me out.

I guess it was eager to stake out a claim in my mom's garage. It was then a matter of making the car run...

Musicman

Quote from: A383Wing on February 14, 2010, 03:43:14 PM

Can't remember what I did, was waaaaayyyy back in March of '74 when I got my '66

Bryan doesn't remember much of anything from that time period :2thumbs:... he was still pretty wild back then :smilielol:

I know... :slap:

1969chargerrtse

Wow, great stories here.  My story is not ground breaking by any means.  As I was coming home with it from the shipper location, my wife came outside with the 2 big kids to see dads all time dream car.  The kids could care less and acted that way.  That 's it.   keep in mind I had a wake up call of problems ahead.  After buying it site unseen, well just go here and read it yourself.  Grab a beer, it'll be a long read.   http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,34954.0.html     The end of the story is awesome, as that's how the car turns out after nothing more than lot's of money and sweat ( and stress ). :icon_smile_big:

The poor quality picture is right when I picked it up at the carrier lot.  The odd look on my face ( is me saying HELP ) is because the driver guy just told me the brakes went to the floor, the battery was dead, and I had a 1/2 hour drive on a main highway to get home.  Then I learned when I closed the door and the upper door pad flew off, and the car over heated and vibrated all the home ( 4:11's  :down:), that I was in for some serious work.  Aahh no big deal.  Honestly, no regrets, I'm a proud owner of a 69 Charger R/T SE. :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Musicman

As you should be... it's a great car and you put a lot of work into it to get it there.... so you can be proud of both the car and it's owner :2thumbs:

Tilar

First thing I did with my 68 was try to get it running. It was originally a 318 car and the guy I bought it off of pulled the 318 and dropped in a 400 from a Cordoba but could never get it running. Turns out the timing chain slipped so I moved the distributor enough to make it run long enough to hear that it also had a rod knocking. So since I never really cared for the 400 I shut it off, went inside and opened a cold Michalob.

I left the 73 on the trailer for a couple days... Just to be sure everyone that came over saw it.   :lol:

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

THE STIG

I was in a bit of a hurry. The Wife went with me to get it and then followed me home, we only had a small window of time to get the car, get it home and get down town for a wedding she was dragging... I mean I could'nt wait to attend. The tires were pretty well dry rotted and the timing was off so I was nursing it through the "hoods" of Indianapolis. When I got back down to my end of town I noticed some old dude staring at me, not being used to this I was about to tell him he's number one in sigh language when I remembered that I was in a cool car and he was just checkin it out so I waved and he just kept staring. When I finally got home I tried to back it in to the garage when I heard (and felt) a thud, I tried again successfully and quickly went to check the back of the car where I had bumped the side of the garage, there was no damage and I breathed a sigh of relief then I want to check the siding and noticed a dent, oh well. 

jesterCT

After parking in the driveway, having a beer with the seller.
:cheers:

teddy1500

I was looking for a 70 or 71 Torino, I already had a 429 to drop in, I happened to stop by a junkyard in Concord NC, they didn't have a Torino, but they had an old Charger. I had walked right by the car, hadn't noticed it. It was overgrown with cudzu. Went back and found it, It was a 73 SE, The roof had been stood on, it was pushed down a little. She was a triple green car, and complete, sitting on flat ralley wheels. Talked about the price, agreed $500.00, plus $75 to deliver, They made no promise that the motor was good, and told me that it most likely was bad.  I gave a $250.00 deposit, bought a set of weld wheels for $100.00. I sold the welds later that afternoon for $300.00.
I went back a week later, Paid the balance, put a set of rollers on it. The charge was deliverd the next day. I washed it, pulled the carpet, the floors are okay, needs work. and then I sat in it for a while. spent a week changing fluids, wires, and stuff like that, added a fresh battery, and with a gas can on the fender, tried to start it. The 318 started on the 2nd try, runs good. A few days later, went for a drive around the block, the trans is a little weak. The car has been in paint jail ever since.