News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone "in the know" on whether or not Dick Landy Industries will ever operate a

Started by Ghoste, February 20, 2010, 04:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Understandably after his passing they wanted to take some time off and regroup but it's been a few years now.  Are they continuing on hold?

68X426

I'm never in the know. :'( According to the website they are closed. http://dicklandy.com/about.htm

I would think that the brand name is worth a great deal to the estate and would be sold to an industry giant. Or the family, if motivated and passionate to continue, would do so. It's been three years.

Great question: is there any better brand name for goodwill in the Mopar universe than Landy? Equals, but I'll say none better.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Bakaruda

I do not know the anwser to your question. The above item was given away at his funeral. I had a friend who atteneded it. The landy's were friends with my step dad and built the motors for our 69 GTX race car in the late 70's.  Great people.

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Ghoste

Yeah racing became a little less exciting without him and Ronnie and a lot of those greats from that era.

Ponch ®

the shop used to be a couple of miles from where I live and I used to drive by it every now and then. It closed down right after he died and IIRC there's a different bussiness operating out of the same space where the shop was.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Ghoste

That sounds like a pretty final decision then.  What is his son doing now I wonder?