News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

One more question Ron,........initial timing and curve for new cam ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Started by skip68, February 28, 2010, 10:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

With this new cam, what should my initial timing be at ? 
What advance curve should be set up ? 

I have MSD everything- dist, coil and the 6AL box.   
Thanks, Chuck.......
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

firefighter3931

Chuck,

Try the black bushing and set the base timing at 16*@ 850 rpm idle....i wouldn't idle it below 850 rpm.  :Twocents:

The total should come in @34-35 in the 2800-3000 rpm range.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

skip68

:cheers:  I did the black bushing and changed one of the springs so it would be all in by 3000 rpm 2 weeks ago.   :2thumbs:  I keep my idle about 950-970 rpm.  So it looks like I'm good then.   :cheers:   Thank again Ron.   :cheers: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

FLG

skip68

Yep, VegasMike came over and we did the job.    :2thumbs:    The car runs like never before.    :drive:   I was having lifter problems with the old cam and then as we took it apart, noticed that one bearing was out and 2 others junk.   :rotz:   Thank's to Mike it was a breeze and saved me a ton of money I don't have right now.   :2thumbs:    I'm as happy as can be with this cam.    :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

firefighter3931

Quote from: skip68 on March 01, 2010, 09:48:09 AM
:cheers:  I did the black bushing and changed one of the springs so it would be all in by 3000 rpm 2 weeks ago.   :2thumbs:  I keep my idle about 950-970 rpm.  So it looks like I'm good then.   :cheers:   Thank again Ron.   :cheers: 

That should work fine Chuck  :2thumbs:

You can idle it down a bit to 850 in gear if you like...but no lower. It's important to splash lube the cam and lifters, especially at idle.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

skip68

vegasmike

you should of seen the tools we used to do this job,they were magnificient.....tonka toy is the chit..we used everything from 3/8 to 18 mill.good ole tonka :lol: but the car runs great...bo bo is back on the road