News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Driveshaft Part # Id Location

Started by ChargersETC..ETC.., February 23, 2010, 09:48:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargersETC..ETC..

Heres where I like to check to find the Mopar part # for driveshafts
see pic below

I think it id's the actual tube # for a particular car not just the weld on replacement ends.

The part #'s always covered in dirt and greese and can't be seen unless it's cleaned.So far everyone tells me the actual driveshaft tube doesn't have a number to it anywhere . What do you guys think is this the correct way to id the driveshaft tubes?
I hope so  :laugh: Thanks

maxwellwedge

Nope - That is the yoke number. The driveshafts have the part number and date code on the shaft itself. I think Hemigeno has some close up pics in his Daytona resto thread. If the shaft is rusty/pitted these are very hard to find.

ChargersETC..ETC..

Thanks for the info
I guess the numbers must have been lightly stamped then and useing sandpaper to remove rust from the tube is a sure way never to see them again :'(

Ok then for future referance if the part #s are still intact  where would they normally be found on the ends or center of the tube etc or does it vary by year etc?

I'll try and find the daytona resto thread because if I knew where to look that would make it a lot easier to id them.Thanks again  :2thumbs:

maxwellwedge

Use steel wool - they were stamped decent enough to still be on there. The location varies....try about a foot up from either end for starters.

Here is the thread - it is a long one so start looking arond here.  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48725.msg696404.html#msg696404