News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front valance assy

Started by Belgium R/T -68, February 21, 2010, 03:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

My front valance wasn't mounted anyway near the way it's supposed to be so does anybody have some pics on how the valancepanel sits on the radiatorsupport?

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

OttawaCharger

Like this?
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks, just don't see how it can be attached to the radsupport. :scratchchin:

Per

69bronzeT5

Per, there should be a bar that runs across from what I remember. That's what the bottom bolts on the valance bolt to. However, I don't have a picture to show it and my valance isn't on my Charger right now. I'll try to get it mounted today. This is all going off by memory though so I'm hoping someone can confirm this. Anyways, in the meantime until someone posts a picture, here's the bar.....
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bill440rt

Per,
The picture that OttawaCharger has posted shows the valance mounted correctly. I gets attached to the lower tie bar on the rad support.

The cross bar that Cody has posted is for the bumperettes. It gets mounted above the valance (inside), to both of the main bumper brackets. The bumperettes then go thru the large oval holes in the valance, & get bolted to the cross bar.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

OttawaCharger

this different perspective might help.

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

OttawaCharger

lexxman

So that's how it goes.I was wondering how it worked .Is that bracket flat?Mine is bent, I'm going to try to fix it.

Silver R/T

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on February 22, 2010, 04:07:20 PM
Per, there should be a bar that runs across from what I remember. That's what the bottom bolts on the valance bolt to. However, I don't have a picture to show it and my valance isn't on my Charger right now. I'll try to get it mounted today. This is all going off by memory though so I'm hoping someone can confirm this. Anyways, in the meantime until someone posts a picture, here's the bar.....

Can anyone tell me which color this part is supposed to be?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bill440rt

30%, or semi-gloss black, like the rest of the bumper brackets.

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks again all of you, now I get the picture. :2thumbs: The bar I had powdercoatded in the same black as Bill mentioned and I found the holes on the radsupport.
Looks like I'm ready to install my front valance. :icon_smile_big:

Per