News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first ride in a 69 Charger yesterday.

Started by 66FBCharger, February 22, 2010, 12:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

66FBCharger

I met Rob (1969chargerR/TSE) yesterday. We talked about cars for awhile and then he offered to take me for a ride in his beautiful orange 69 R/T SE. It was awesome. Rob was really nice and I enjoyed talking cars with him.
THANKS Rob!
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

moparstuart

Quote from: 66FBCharger on February 22, 2010, 12:39:44 PM
I met Rob (1969chargerR/TSE) yesterday. We talked about cars for awhile and then he offered to take me for a ride in his beautiful orange 69 R/T SE. It was awesome. Rob was really nice and I enjoyed talking cars with him.
THANKS Rob!
thats great  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nelson_audet

ride in a second generation charger is for me, the best feeling i can have... i simply love it.. jump into my general lee and take the highway.... wow :) the best feeling in my life..
69 Charger RT 440 4 SPD 4.10 Dana car B5 blue

1969chargerrtse

Hey John thanks for the compliments!!  I saw this thread and said ? No, this can't be about me?  I didn't know that was your first ride in a 69 Charger?  If I knew that I would of went farther than my "gas fill / coffee run", and coated the road with some sticky rubber stuff. Thanks for taking the time to meet me, I enjoyed talking to you, and you have some great cars.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

66FBCharger

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 22, 2010, 02:48:27 PM
Hey John thanks for the compliments!!  I saw this thread and said ? No, this can't be about me?  I didn't know that was your first ride in a 69 Charger?  If I knew that I would of went farther than my "gas fill / coffee run, and coated the road with some sticky rubber stuff. Thanks for taking the time to meet me, I enjoyed talking to you, and you have some great cars.
Rob, Thanks again! The car is beautiful! It rode, drove and sounded great. I can't wait to get my R/T SE! I was just coming over to meet you, look at your car and talk cars. I didn't expect you to take me out for a ride. I enjoyed it!
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

Wow, Chris.  Someone actually talking about  an orange 69 charger that isn't yours?  Can it be?   :smilielol:  Just kiddin man :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: bakerhillpins on February 22, 2010, 04:53:44 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 22, 2010, 04:10:37 PM
Nice guys up there in CT huh? :cheers:

Id say so. Ill be down this weekend for my ride.  :ro is a friend of mine. :2thumbs:fl:
Anytime, the more the merrier.  :patriot: Any mopar loving, Charger hugging person, is a friend of mine.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

speedfreak68

Ive had my 68 for a couple years and have never ridden in a charger... hell I've never even been in one with a full interior....  :shruggy:

dodgey68

Quote from: speedfreak68 on February 23, 2010, 12:36:29 AM
Ive had my 68 for a couple years and have never ridden in a charger... hell I've never even been in one with a full interior....  :shruggy:

yer me too, i've had my 68 for 4 years and driven it up the drive and a  skid in the shed , no interior or no were near drivable,, ::), then stripped it to bits, never ridden in one or sat in one , yet, :smilielol:, but since i had this car i have met 2 others with 68's so i should ask for a tour, its a superchargered stroked 440, but i mighten like mine when i ge it goin,,lol ,,NOT
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

1969chargerrtse

Before I bought my 69 I met a guy at a car show that I hit it off with.  I told him of my deep love for a 69 Charger and how I was afraid to go from my 72 454/4 speed vette conv to the Charger.  Finally I got the nerve to ask if I could possibly have a ride after the cruise we were at.  I did have the vette with me so that may of helped that I was serious.  I just didn't know what it would be like?  Would I hate it, would the dash be to high, would it ride like a boat?  I enjoyed the ride, and guess what?  I bought  a Charger.  No regrets.