News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Possible South Central US Dodge Charger Meet ; Feedback and Feelers

Started by hemi68charger, February 18, 2010, 09:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang,

Troy, Sorry for the duplicate thread, but since there's no definitive event yet and I'm putting the feelers out, I thought it would be ok to place this here and once, if, there's a definitive event scheduled for that weekend, I'll post it in the Upcoming Shows, Cruise-ins, Swaps, and Drags section.

I'd like to get a feel from the potential participation of a gathering of Chargers. I won't be able to attend the Nashville TDC event because of financial and logistical reasons. I would love to be there in spirit though. I in no way want to distract any members or Charger owners who had planned on going to Nashville from going. This is solely a gathering. I would like to do it in the spirit of a simulcast persay, June 11th-13th. I would like to know that while the main TDC event is happening and my friends there are enjoying their Chargers, we are doing it as well at the same time. Now, where?, not 100% sure yet. Again, my intentions are not change the minds of those who are planning to go to Tenn. ( Personally, I would LOVE to be going and Wayne knows that ). My sole intention is to bring Charger owners together to have a day or two of fun and fellowship, such is the creed of TDC

Some locations that came to pass were Northwest Harris County (out skirts of Houston), Brenham, Bryan-College Station (B-C) or Waco. B-C has the high banked track where the former Texas 500 was ran. Brenham has the Blue-Bell Ice Cream factory. Again, I'm brainstorming for I've had people contact me about whether or not a Boerne event was happening or not. Again, not sure where.

This will NOT be a TDC bashing thread. I enjoy TDC and consider Wayne a friend of mine.

Cheers,
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

TexasStroker

I'll gladly get the word out up this direction for whatever comes of anything.

From my vantage point here in Amarillo, I can tell you there is a big difference in how "peppy" people are with say a drive to DFW, San Antonio, Austin, or Houston.  The state is huge, and we are talking 5-10+ hours to get anywhere.  We have a lot of members in AAM who go to DFW for events regularly (Challenger Roudnups, Pinks, Racing in general, Goodguys, other TMS events, LoneStar Nats etc).

Move the event to Austin or San Antonio and you loose some of those attendees.

Drop it to the gulf coast and you'll be lucky to get one guy hell-bent on attending for some reason, lol.  It isn't that we don't want to go, it is just the drive is killer and almost necessitates an all nighter or missing some work.  If at all possible slate it for a weekend that a track is open.  If a guy drives that far for a show, giving him a chance to make a pass that much closer to sea level is another nice perk you can offer  :2thumbs:  Then again, ya'll might have the track open every weekend as opposed to our alternate weekend set-up.  Same goes with us, I get folks from Abilene, DFW, OKC who will come up or over, but the folks interested down state can't pull the drive off.

If I am free and can somehow swing it, I'll make the drive...Regardless I will get the word out in hopes that some folks I have contact with can make it.

That said, I'm all for DodgeCharger.com meets or Charger meets in general.  We tend to do things low-key up this way and it works pretty dang good in terms of keeping the cost down  ;D  I will still be willing to put an event together up this way as well.  Chargers in the Canyon has a nice ring to it!

In my honest opinion it would be nice to have several regional meets slated.  If someone is retired and has cash and can hit all of them...awesome!  If someone like you can  host one and say one in DFW sweet.  If I had the option of hosting something and getting to a Dallas event I'd do it.  The more options the better imo. 

I guess I haven't been spoiled by 100+ Chargers all in the same spot, to me 20 or so makes a pretty dang good day and throw in a few other Mopars and it just gets better.  I'm probably the minority there, but if you are really into Chargers you don't need 500 to have a good time...just takes a couple cars to check out, owners to meet, and a chance to have some fun and get some pictures.

I would think you could swing a good turnout based on what I know has gone on in past years.  The first year is always the measuring stick to potential.  Just getting say a few of the Houston and surrounding 'burbs Chargers out and you'd have a nice selection of pics to post up here and get things going for the next one.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!