News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Amd Full Quarter Panel Install?

Started by TXcharger70, February 18, 2010, 02:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TXcharger70

Does any on know if someone has listed a step by step on how to remove the rear quarter panel or could someone tell me based on experience whats the best way to do so. Cause i am thinking about replacing it with a new AMD full quarter panel. :icon_smile_question:

Patronus

buy two good spot weld cutters, at least $35/ea, (5/16'') metal cut-off wheels for a grinder, and some gloves
probably take you 2-3 hours. Best to cut it into pieces. Use 80g. paper to find the welds (small circles, 1/4''), drill em out... (its a bitch)
pry pieces apart
use propane torch and a screwdriver or wire brush to remove leaded seams (roof and rocker)
be sure to test fit new panel before prepping it to make sure its not tweaked. start at roof seam, sliding forward, then over doorjamb, then work back at trunk
side marker light hole great for light! prying forward/back...
be patient, respect your material

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

TXcharger70

That's what i figured but just need to make sure there wasn't trick to doing so I forgot about the lead. Thanks for the help. Have a body guy that is going to be doing the work on the car and he tells me he fix that quarter panel cause i was going to replace the panel myself and he says he can save it so we will see.

SFRT

your also going to have to remove and then re-weld in the small hangers that drop down from the inside of the unibody at the very rear of the rear 1/4 window.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us