News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar M1? What is it for?

Started by SG1022, February 05, 2010, 04:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SG1022

I had been looking for an intake manifold for my 360, and found one on craigs that they "took off their 360 small block mopar"

Had my dad pick it up on his way home from work and I tried to check the part number but I cannot find it anywhere.

P4532588   Then stamped BB  (which I hope isn't for big blocks), wouldn't it be stamped RB for bigblocks?

It looks like the other M1 small block dualplanes on summit, but with bigger rad hose opening etc etc

b5blue

Big block (Anything) has the waterpump housing in front with intake and output for coolant, so that is a small block intake.  :yesnod:

SG1022

Quote from: b5blue on February 05, 2010, 05:11:12 PM
Big block (Anything) has the waterpump housing in front with intake and output for coolant, so that is a small block intake.  :yesnod:

thanks much!! Wonder why I couldn't find the part number anywhere  :think:

firefighter3931

That intake manifold is designed for the later smallblock "Magnum" cylinder heads.

Here's a good read on fitting the Magnum heads to an LA block. The Magnum's are a better design than the earlier stuff and will boost torque and horsepower. A set of those on a 360 with a nice cam would make for a nice street package.  :2thumbs:

Here's a 400HP 318 build using the Magnum heads. No porting, just a Comp 280 Hydraulic cam....pretty basic  ;)

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techarticles/mopp_0409_318_engine_build/index.html

Personally, if i was doing a smallblock buildup the Magnum head would be my first choice. Lots of rebuilt Magnum cylinder heads available for cheap on e-bay.  :yesnod:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-GRAND-CHEROKEE-LAREDO-MAGNUM-318-360-CYLINDER-HEAD_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem56335f3a17QQitemZ370229066263QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

b5blue

Small world they worked over my 346's! The look on that counter guys face when I brought in the "race built" 916 heads was priceless!  :lol: (Chuck did an amazing job modifying/porting them so I gave them back to him for his race car for helping me with my block)