News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Edelbrock fuel line what do you use?

Started by greenpigs, December 03, 2009, 08:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenpigs

Thinking of using the kit that has the line and filter with a -6 AN end. What fittings do you guys use to plumb braided line from the pump to carb? I have an Edelbrock fuel pump so it has 3/8 outlet. 
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

greenpigs

750 performer carb, sorry I cant edit on my mobile.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

femtnmax

I did not use braided lines, too many $$ for my taste.  I used steel brake line and tubing end fittings from Napa.  I have a hand-held tubing bender and double flare tool.  Bent tubing to shape, and double flared the ends.  Its solid as ever just like what is used on heavy equipment. :Twocents:
Phil

375instroke

Here's what I used on my 440HP with stock Carter fuel pump and vapor separator.  $18 on eBay.

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: 375instroke on December 07, 2009, 02:19:23 AM
Here's what I used on my 440HP with stock Carter fuel pump and vapor separator.  $18 on eBay.

I bought the same two lines for my 68 383. The small line hooks up to the fuel pump right? If so the angle on the one I bought does not look right? Do you have to bend this to make it right? It seems to me that the bends should already be really close. The long tube goes to the carb right?

Thanks

greenpigs

I bought a Proform main body so the edelbrock is going back in its box. I just hope I got a good one as the quality is spoty.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Sixt8Chrgr

I figured out how the lines hook up.

i Bought mine from Year One and the quality seems good.

375instroke

Quote from: Sixt8Chrgr on January 24, 2010, 08:43:08 AM
Quote from: 375instroke on December 07, 2009, 02:19:23 AM

I bought the same two lines for my 68 383. The small line hooks up to the fuel pump right? If so the angle on the one I bought does not look right? Do you have to bend this to make it right? It seems to me that the bends should already be really close. The long tube goes to the carb right?

Thanks

What's shown is for a 440 only (maybe Hemi too) because they have a vapor separator that connects between the pump and the carb.  A 383 would have only one line from the pump to the carb.