News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which one?

Started by speedfreak68, January 24, 2010, 11:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedfreak68

Which Proform carb for my 451? The 750 or the 850? I don't have the cam profiles or any other info with me... I was think the 750 but I just wanted to make sure.
Thanks

speedfreak68

8WHEELER

The 750 or 780 cfm carbs are a great choice for a average street car build. I had my best performance
street strip with a 800 cfm carb, the most common mistake is to run an 850 or larger carb, and it is simply
not necessary, and you will loose performance in most cases in a street strip car. my  :Twocents:   :icon_smile_big:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

R2

Street car ?
Fuel system looks more race oriented (with the electric pump, regulator, filter, etc )

I run a mechanical pump on my Charger (street only),,,,and it is fine. 

:Twocents:

speedfreak68

Its a street/ auto cross car but I want the safety of being able to shut off the fuel pump when I park it.

firefighter3931

The "right" carb dpends on the engine combination....need more info to make a proper recommendation.  :yesnod:

Quote from: speedfreak68 on January 25, 2010, 12:11:38 AM
Also is this fuel pump going to be big enough for my needs?  http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-PUMPKIT7A/KitComboContents/

That should be plenty of pump but if you're planning to street drive it make sure to set up a return line back to the tank. This will keep the pump running quieter and reduce overheating of both the fuel and pump. On a street car i prefer to run mechanical whenever possible. The Carter HV 120GPM 6psi "street pump" will provide enough fuel to feed 600hp  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

speedfreak68

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 25, 2010, 03:00:39 PM
The "right" carb dpends on the engine combination....need more info to make a proper recommendation.  :yesnod:

Quote from: speedfreak68 on January 25, 2010, 12:11:38 AM
Also is this fuel pump going to be big enough for my needs?  http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-PUMPKIT7A/KitComboContents/

That should be plenty of pump but if you're planning to street drive it make sure to set up a return line back to the tank. This will keep the pump running quieter and reduce overheating of both the fuel and pump. On a street car i prefer to run mechanical whenever possible. The Carter HV 120GPM 6psi "street pump" will provide enough fuel to feed 600hp  :2thumbs:

Ron

Hey Ron
will the -6an line be enough? I really don't know if that line will be overkill  :shruggy: , but I'd rather it be too much than too little, thats what the return line 's for right? 
thanks alot
Martin  :2thumbs: