News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger Side Marker Lights

Started by FastbackJon, January 15, 2010, 03:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FastbackJon

So I noticed last night that one side in the front looked amber and the other side looked more clear. I figured it was a bulb issue so I went about removing the bulb from the clear-appearing fender marker light.

Little did I know those things are a PITA. This one must have never been disconnected before since there was a metal lip that was practically swedged in there on the bulb housing where it connects to the chrome circle. I figured the bulb housing would just pop out easily, but no I had to pry on it with two pliers to get it to where I could get a flat blade screwdriver in there, and then I had to work that all the way around the edge. By doing this I managed to get the bulb housing separated from the chrome circle and found a clear #1895 bulb. The bulb worked but came apart when I started to take it out so I put in a new one.

It looks like the amber is provided from the lens color and not the bulb. I'm not sure if they make an amber bulb but that might not be a bad idea. So going to put the assembly back together I had to file down the inside of the chrome circle to get the bulb housing to fit back inside since it still had a raised lip around it from being pressed in. Couldn't they have made it a screw on or something simpler?
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

suntech

QuoteCouldn't they have made it a screw on or something simpler?

I guess they could! We just need to jump in to the time machine, go back, and redesign......anything else while we´re at it??  :D

Sorry buddy.......could´nt help it! :cheers:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!