News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Congrats US soccer team

Started by Hemidog, June 23, 2010, 10:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidog

Well deserved!

You even beat England in your group :thumbs:

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

hemi68charger

That was truly great....  Our company has all the games televised for us ( we're a large Oilfield Service Company with a larger international employee base ). The whole game room area screamed in cheer !!!!!

:cheers:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

TXcharger70

The game was amazing i was on pins and needles thinking we have ran out of time and where going to loose. That last second goal by Donavan was clutch. I was scream with joy Go USA. Oh the sorry part of it all is that Slovenia did know that USA had scored and there game against England was already over so they thought they had advanced until they found out about that last second goal talk about a dagger.

maxwellwedge

Some of those players go down like they were shot. I say put some skates on them and play a mans game!
Sincerely..............
Troy      :lol:

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 23, 2010, 07:00:17 PM
Some of those players go down like they were shot. I say put some skates on them and play a mans game!
Sincerely..............
Troy      :lol:

It's the same thing that place-kickers do in American football, act........... Draw attention and maybe get a foul..............  Hockey on the pitch? Skates wouldn't go very well  on grass.............   :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

bakerhillpins

:boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 23, 2010, 11:31:33 AM
That was truly great....  Our company has all the games televised for us ( we're a large Oilfield Service Company with a larger international employee base ). The whole game room area screamed in cheer !!!!!

Lucky bum... have to seek a look online or take time off.

:cheers: to the Team! Looking forward to the Ghana game on saturday.  :2thumbs:  :patriot:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Ponch ®

Quote from: bakerhillpins on June 24, 2010, 05:26:19 PM

:cheers: to the Team! Looking forward to the Ghana game on saturday.  :2thumbs:  :patriot:

Not trying to think too far head, but if the US beats Ghana, the next oponent is the winner of S. Korea-Uruguay. We get on a roll, the semis aren't an impossibility...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Ponch ® on June 24, 2010, 05:29:09 PM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on June 24, 2010, 05:26:19 PM

Not trying to think too far head, but if the US beats Ghana, the next oponent is the winner of S. Korea-Uruguay. We get on a roll, the semis aren't an impossibility...

Your not getting to far ahead, Just keepin the faith...  :yesnod:  :popcrn:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

TXcharger70

Ponch ®

now THIS is how you call a goal.

http://deadspin.com/5572603/

Maybe if the ESPN announcers were this enthusiastic more people would be into it.

bull

So what happened? All I ever saw was a bunch of stuff promoting the world cup and next to nothing about any results.

bakerhillpins

The short version: The US team scored in the final few minutes (in injury time) to beat Algeria, and to win our Group.  :2thumbs:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/scores?league=fifa.world&round=2317&group=3&cc=5901&ver=us

96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

Ponch ®

Quote from: bull on June 25, 2010, 09:11:16 PM
So what happened? All I ever saw was a bunch of stuff promoting the world cup and next to nothing about any results.

:2thumbs:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbn3rOPmR9w  :2thumbs:

bakerhillpins

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!  :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

[edit]

ARGH!

Good game, sad outcome, but good game guys.  :patriot:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

mikepmcs

what are you guys even talking about?  :shruggy:  :icon_smile_big:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

aone415

They looked like crap yesterday...  :rotz:

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

Ponch ®

Quote from: aone415 on June 27, 2010, 09:38:24 AM
They looked like crap yesterday...  :rotz:

actually they looked pretty good, but like with all sports, sometimes all it takes it's a couple of Bababooey-ed plays to negate it....

Arthu®

Unlike in Europe I thought that the general opinion in the US is that soccer is for women? Anyways yes you guys were doing pretty well until you met Ghana. But it has been a weird tournament, the US was a real surprise coming so far with players no one really knows. Congrats it was fun watching the US they had spirit.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

hemi68charger

Quote from: Arthu® on June 28, 2010, 02:19:09 AM
Unlike in Europe I thought that the general opinion in the US is that soccer is for women? Anyways yes you guys were doing pretty well until you met Ghana. But it has been a weird tournament, the US was a real surprise coming so far with players no one really knows. Congrats it was fun watching the US they had spirit.

Arthur

Nope... US "Soccer" Football, isn't just for women... The craze is growing over here.. I played it (keeper) all the way back in '81/'82 for my high school. We had quite a few Jamaicans, so we had some fire power. I was the perfect fit for keeper. No one wanted to be it, and that's all I wanted (especially since I was pretty good at catching footballs (US Football)...

Recently, I was a coach for my son's soccer team. The overall demographics of his junior league was pretty even.. I hope Soccer will catch on even more...

Still looking to gain world domination Arthur?
Troy

Arthu®

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 28, 2010, 02:34:46 PM
Still looking to gain world domination Arthur?

That has turned out to be quite a project, but I'm getting there :P
Striving for world domination since 1986

Nacho-RT74

shame about USA football elimination on 1/8s... It wasn't really one of my favs teams, but definitelly they did show a GREAT performance.

Donovan is a GREAT player, and not because the goal againts Argelia.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html