News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody want to help this guy out? Craigslist 1st gen wiring issue

Started by bull, January 27, 2010, 12:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/wan/1573135419.html

I saw this on CL locally and thought it might be a cool way to help someone out. Electrical is not my strong point however...

"sale-mp9ja-1573135419@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just got a 1966 dodge charger that has some electrical gremlins.
i found a wiring schematic and can not specifically find this one thing under the dash in the schematic.
rather than say what i think it is, i'll describe it.
it is about the size and shape of a tuna can. there are 4 screw terminals with three wires coming from the terminals.
the 4th terminal has the ground symbol but has nothing going to it.
it is under the glove box insert near the dash light power pack and rotating light relays.
numbers on it.
753-j 2k
27702122 (hard to read so could be off)
jv-8-6

the guy i got it from did a good job on getting the car up and running and driving. but he said the electroluminescent lights never worked.
well, the other morning they did, sorta, but at a cost. for some reason they only light up when the car is running: they flash for a split second, then nothing.
UNLESS, anything over about 10 mph it sounds like someone is cutting keys under the dash but the lights flash back to life, but the sound is horrible.
i am 99% sure i need to grease the speedo cable. but, why would the lights work when the speedo cable is noisy and really no other time.

there are other minor things that need to be done. but unfortunately a schematic can only give you a roadmap. if you have a 66 or 67 charger, i would love to bring mine over and do some comparison looking to see what is different if any between the cars.
i have exhausted the google search engine one these topics.

please feel free to call me today, wednesday, my name is mark.
360-608-7911"

GPULLER

I sent him a email.  Also told him to check out 66-67Charger website, lots of good advise over there.

Reed