News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

look what followed me home today.

Started by vancamp, January 13, 2010, 07:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vancamp

1953 dodge M37 has been sitting in the woods in a small community for 20 years or more belonged to the city and they were gonna make fire/brush truck out of it but never did, wouldnt sell it because the city didnt want it but it was donated they said talk to the county judge, judge says talk to the person who donated it, he said talk to the city or judge so it was just a circle of people who didnt know anything. well the property it was sitting on was deeded back to the original owners and they said i could get the truck. dont know yet what im gonna do with it seeing as i was kinda looking for the full cab model but its kinda cool none the less.

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

aussiemuscle

i hope you keep the ARMY theme if you restore it.  :yesnod: it sure is cool and unusual

twodko

Isn't that Radar O'Reilly behind the wheel?
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

magnum

Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

runningman

crusty440

We had one of those when I was growing up in northern Michigan.  It was a 1954, 3/4 ton with a flathead 6 in it.  We had an oversized snowplow on front, and close to 3/4 ton of rocks in the back for traction.  Put that baby in 4-wheel low, and it could go anywhere!

BBKNARF

68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

ChgrSteve67

That would be a cool project.

Is the origional motor still in it?

A turbo bio disel would be perfect for it.

chargergirl

YOU GOT TO FIND A TRAILER TO GO WITH THAT AND TOW THE CAR!!!!! Way too cool! Looks pretty intact hope it works out for ya...Mark is already trying to figure out what you'll trade for it...that's a great compliment! It is an M21 or M41?
Trust your Woobie!

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Todd Wilson

Pretty good find. I'd like to find one like that. Parts should be easy to get ahold of for it. You can get new canvas tops or a artic hard top.  They arent fast beasts. 50-60mph at the very most. If the flathead isnt siezed up from sitting it should run without too much trouble. Its 24volt though unless its been converted and that could cause you problems if someone started a conversion or didnt do it 100% right. If its fairly original it could still have the water proof plug wires and distributor.

Todd

elacruze

Quote from: vancamp on January 13, 2010, 07:22:33 PM
1953 dodge M37 has been sitting in the woods in a small community for 20 years or more belonged to the city and they were gonna make fire/brush truck out of it but never did, wouldnt sell it because the city didnt want it but it was donated they said talk to the county judge, judge says talk to the person who donated it, he said talk to the city or judge so it was just a circle of people who didnt know anything. well the property it was sitting on was deeded back to the original owners and they said i could get the truck. dont know yet what im gonna do with it seeing as i was kinda looking for the full cab model but its kinda cool none the less.

I had one a few years ago, it rocked! that old flathead 6 isn't fast, but sounds good and that dude is geared for climbing...I think low gear low range max MPH was like 3.5.
I've been thinking of selling my '85 GMC pickup and finding another M37since I don't really need a pickup anymore and insurance would be a lot cheaper.
I rebuilt the brakes through NAPA for about $30. Many parts are still available there, and everything through eBay and web groups.

Nice find.   :2thumbs: :cheers:
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

b5blue

That's not "kinda" cool it is COOL! Fix it up stock and it will keep its value also.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

68pplcharger

MichaelRW

Stick a tow hook on it and call it 'Mater.  :smilielol:
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

vancamp

Quote from: MichaelRW on January 14, 2010, 05:56:34 PM
Stick a tow hook on it and call it 'Mater.  :smilielol:
:smilielol: :smilielol:    Thanks Guys dont know what im gonna do with yet try to save it, use it for parts or trade it??????

jb666

Alaskan_TA

I have a set of the two front bumper lift eyes & the rear pintle hook for one. If anyone needs them, email tonight, weather permitting I am having a garage sale in the morning.