News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I didn't realize Marty Robbins raced Chargers

Started by bull, January 14, 2010, 01:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Hmm. Well, you learn something new every day. Probably 70% of you have no idea who Marty Robbins was but...

http://www.cottonowens.com/marty_robbins.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marty_Robbins

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

TruckDriver

Yup, I knew it years and years ago. My mom loves his music, and even has a old record album with him and his Charger on the cover.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

moparstuart

he raced the daytona also , replica of his car here
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

RTDaddy

Marty also ran a Magnum.  Cotton Owens used to maintain the cars, and Marty ran when he wanted to.  Best story of his was Talladega about 74, he put rings in the restrictor plate that would melt, and they did during the race.  He blew by a bunch of the regulars, but ratted himself out after the race.  Told the tech guys he "just wanted to pass Richard Petty one time."   :icon_smile_big:

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."
"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

Aero426

Marty's Magnum was originally a 1971 Road Runner, then a '72 Charger and continually updated until it became a Magnum.    A very cool car that was bought out of the Talladega museum at a bargain price a few years ago.  

bull

Wouldn't that be a nice life? Run with the big boys whenever you feel like it? Locking horns with Petty because you can? Must've been cool.

471_Magnum

Few years ago, my wife drug me to the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville. They have a small area dedicated to Marty. Imagine my disappointment when I found the car they had on display was a Buick Regal.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

The70RT

Someone on here is building one on here now. Pettybird? or was it NASCARXX ?Any Nascar fan should know about this ancient news  :smilielol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cooter

yep....Mopar Muscle did an article on the "Marty" cars he ran over the years...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on January 15, 2010, 06:49:36 AM
Someone on here is building one on here now. Pettybird? or was it NASCARXX ?Any Nascar fan should know about this ancient news  :smilielol:
the marty daytona pictured above is pettybird and his mom's car . 

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparstuart

http://www.memorylaneautomuseum.com/

not sure if this is the same magnum but we saw this car in mooresville NC at memory lane lobby , during the 07 winged warriors national meet .  I took this picture 

TruckDriver

Here are a few more photos not posted here.

The first one is the same record my mom has in here collection. The album name is "Today".
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TruckDriver

Is the bottom Modified a old Plymouth?
PETE

Aero426

Quote from: moparstuart on January 15, 2010, 12:18:31 PM
http://www.memorylaneautomuseum.com/

not sure if this is the same magnum but we saw this car in mooresville NC at memory lane lobby , during the 07 winged warriors national meet .  I took this picture 

Same car.  In fact, all the pics of the Marty Coke Bottle Charger are this same car.