News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Self Learning Port Injection EFI - no tuning!

Started by Fastmanefi, January 06, 2010, 10:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fastmanefi

Most of you know that I love port injection and the benefits of running a dry manifold. The FAST EZ-EFI was a giant step because it eliminated laptop tuning which was intimidating to many people. But it's a throttle body injection setup that bolts in place of a carb.

Well ... since the EZ ECU can drive 8 high-Z injectors, FAST has just announced an EZ-EFI kit for Port Injection! This has the potential of changing the entire EFI landscape. No tuning, a totally self learning system, with all the benefits of port injection.

You need a port injected manifold, injectors for your HP level (must be high-Z injectors), a standard throttle body with TPS and IAC (generic stuff), and the EZ port injection kit for $875.

BrianShaughnessy

Well...  I have a 505 RB stroker going into Sinnamon someday down the road and I presently have no fuel system whatsoever.   So...  do tell!   What's in the kit? 

Anyway...  I think we chatted for a couple seconds while you were at the MA booth talking to Rick E. at the Nats.     You had a new hemi build book out.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

suntech

Sounds almost to good to be true!! What would a complete system from a to z run, without throttle body,but everything else?
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Cooter

Don't care too much about how "User" friendly it is, as I can tune FI somewhat...$875.00 and then I need to spend how much more to support around 600 HP?...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Rolling_Thunder

say...

Injectors = $400
Throttle Body (1000cfm) = $550
Intake Manifold = $300
fuel Rails = $150
Misc Fittings = $100
Fuel Pump = $300

So that is around $1,800.00 + $875.00 = $2,675.00

Round figures and rough guess
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

defiance

Auto-nomics has a throttle body quite a bit less than that- It's $400 with pressure reg, fuel rails, etc.  You'd have to call to see what the price is for just the body, but I'd guess $300-$350 range.    Racetronix sells injectors for a pretty good price - 42lb/hr would probably be what you'd want to support 600hp, and they run $320 for a set of 8.  That's the largest high-z injector they sell, though, you'll have to go low-z for more - but that's enough for most people anyway I'd think :)    For a fuel pump to support 600hp, you need around 300 lb/h (47.3gph, 180lph) at at 50psi (assuming normally aspirated bsfc of .5).  Racetronix has an inline that does 65gph@50psi for $100.  An eddy victor 440 is $300, plus the fuel rail kit with it is another $80 (summit prices).  misc fittings and a return line, $100 is a fair if not low estimate.  Forgot the pressure regulator, edelbrock's proflo reg (pn 3584) surprised me when I saw it at $55 at summit.  So in addition to the 875 you're looking at closer to $1200.  Either way, at least $2k all said and done to support 600hp.

BUT

just to put that into perspective, you'd still want 1000cfm on a carb, wouldn't you?  There are probably exceptions, but I think it's a good target - and that's $700 right there when you also get a fuel pump to support it.  So it's $1300 more.  Unless you're building your engine, then you need the manifold either way.  A carb manifold is cheaper, but if you'd pay $200 for a manifold then it's $1100 more to go with this efi system.  

Personally, you probably all know I prefer megasquirt - and an MS with sensors could be put together for quite a bit less than $875 - but this sounds much easier to configure (especially with autotuning included), so I'm sure for quite a number of people, it's worth the difference.

pandamarie

If your interested I have a complete DFI7 with 42.5lb injectors eveything from pump to distributor to run MPI for 2200 if your interested let me know.

defiance

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.