News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A/F ratio gauge questions

Started by flyinlow, December 28, 2009, 07:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinlow

Installed an AEM wide band air / fuel ratio gauge that Santa brought me. I'm an analog kind of guy so I got the one with a needle.

Of course as soon as I installed it we got 3 inches of snow in Ohio.

Ran the engine in the garage. The warm up light went out after about 20 seconds and the needle came to life.

Kind of erratic for a while 14-17 : 1 while warming up.

Once warm was idling about 16:1 , richened up to 13:1 by about 1500rpm , went real lean about 2200rpm 17:1 ( occasional cough) then returned to normal 14;1 above 3000rpm.

Eddy 800EPS on a mild build 446.

Installed the sensor 4 inches behind the header collector (40 inches from head ,drivers side)

Is that close enough?

Except for idling ,the no load readings propably don't mean much?

Beer

Position sounds good, the bung should be at about the 2 to 3 O Clock Position so moisture cannot collect on it.

The only car I have a Wideband on is a Chevy, this is what I see, and is the LS1 tuning strategy---Generally 14.7 is the target Idle, for the most part 14-16 is probably what most will see at idle.  Cruise most would say 14.6 is the target, At WOT it should richen to 12-13 or so.  Tuners have there sweet spots of course.  When you let off a WOT run, its common to see it lean out say 16 or so as it revs down.
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...