News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Engineers of the wing cars days interviewed

Started by nascarxx29, December 12, 2009, 05:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Aero426

The latest issue of Mopar magazine has an interview with Larry on the #88 car and the 200 mph run.    This is the magazine distributed through the Chrysler dealer and parts network.

daytonalo

Very interesting article and not too many big words for a few of you !!! :icon_smile_big:

maxwellwedge

I think if Steve M. asked him about the '71 aero package one more time he would have got a Flyin' Bitch Slap!  :lol:

daytonalo

I was thinking the same thing , enough with that 71 mess that never happened !!!

mcode

Very interesting read! I couldn't help but ask the following: Romberg, the engineer who designed the wing car is German. He stated that he was involved with the NASA Saturn program during the 1950's. I was wondering if he was a former NAZI engineer? After WWII, the united states and Russia brought many of these scientist/ engineers back to their country to design a capule for the eventual 'race to space'!

Aero426

Quote from: mcode on December 21, 2009, 01:41:40 PM
Very interesting read! I couldn't help but ask the following: Romberg, the engineer who designed the wing car is German. He stated that he was involved with the NASA Saturn program during the 1950's. I was wondering if he was a former NAZI engineer? After WWII, the united states and Russia brought many of these scientist/ engineers back to their country to design a capule for the eventual 'race to space'!

Gary is way too young for that.   Chrysler did have space and rocket business with the US Govt and NASA which ended when they did not win the Saturn V contract.  Many of the people in the race car aerodynamics and instrumentation programs came out of the Huntsville Alabama based rocket programs.   Bill Wright who was one of the head guys at Huntsville was very amenable to finding new work on the race car projects starting in 1968.   Bill still owns at least one Hemi Charger as well.  

daytonalo

Maybe he is Werner Van Braun illegitimate son ??