News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RESALE VALUES

Started by DAYTONA1, December 19, 2009, 08:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAYTONA1

In your opinion, dealing with the same car (a clone), what would the engine options do to the resale values (440-4 vs stock style 426 STREET HEMI 2x4 set up)?
Thanks--Bert

hemi68charger

The percentage increase of value of a 440 4bbl versus a 426 Hemi wouldn't be the same comparing an original car versus a clone. The original hemi would be worth much more over the 4bbl car on an original example. The clone situation; the hemi value over the 4bbl would be, in my eyes, the value of the motor, plus cost of installation plus an "already done" factor. Still, it wouldn't be as much as the original.. So, if you're looking to install a hemi in your car, do it for your personal WOW-factor and not trying to cash in bigtime....

Hope this helped and didn't confuse......
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 20, 2009, 07:23:10 AM
The percentage increase of value of a 440 4bbl versus a 426 Hemi wouldn't be the same comparing an original car versus a clone. The original hemi would be worth much more over the 4bbl car on an original example. The clone situation; the hemi value over the 4bbl would be, in my eyes, the value of the motor, plus cost of installation plus an "already done" factor. Still, it wouldn't be as much as the original.. So, if you're looking to install a hemi in your car, do it for your personal WOW-factor and not trying to cash in bigtime....

Hope this helped and didn't confuse......
Troy
I agree you should be able to get back dollar for dollar what you spend on the hemi and components .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE