News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GOOD NEWS!

Started by G-man, December 07, 2009, 12:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

Hi

Im sure you all remember when i had that mechanic issue with taking my money no receipts given no work done problem I had which I took to the department of Fair trading down here in sydney.

Short and sweet...

The inspector called him a month ago and he told the inspector that he was working on my car as a friend in his spare time for no money. The inspector told him that idea of 'under the table' does not exist in NSW and that I have witnesses, he replied to the inspector that he has 4 witnesses that live with him that Ive never given money over and finished the conversation on that.

I went to the Consumer trader tenancy tribunal (CTTT) filed a complaint there after being told by inspector to go there. A month later (which was today) we had the hearing. The mechanic did not turn up to the hearing... the Chairmen of the CTTT asked me few questions, and then at end said "Given the evidence of George paying (mechanic, will with-hold name publically as I still respect that even though he has nothing to respect) for work to be done on his motor vehicle, the mechanic has breached the contract (verbal agreement) and therefor the CTTT will take payment of the correspondent $2500 immidiately, if the correspondent does not pay by the time George receives the $2500 money order from the CTTT, then George can go to the local court with that money order and the local court will either get his bank details and get the money themself, raise a loan on the mechanics behalf that he will have to pay the bank for, sell his goods to cover the cost and if no goods available to be sold the house will be put up for sale to cover the money for George that is to be paid immidiately"

(something along those lines not word for word - its said in a way that the decision has been made and the court finds the complain sufficient evidence bla bla)

I asked the chairmen 'uhm... dont u need the witness declerations I got???' and he said "Due to the fact your correspondant is not arguing against u (in other words he agrees with u - since he aint physicaly there) then ur word is all the evidence we have needed. You will get the money order in 3-5 business days and if you have no received payment just take to local court. There is no hearing there, the decision has been finalized already we at the CTTT can not enforce the decision the local court can, they have the power to enforce n those things metioned are the ways they will get the money.

Its not something Im gonna have to wait for 10 years... its basicaly next few weeks I will have it returned to me.

The thing I was concerned about most was that the mechanic would have the address and names of all the witnesses as the tribunal does not withold that information which puts other people at risk since the guys on drugs and knows bad groups...

We prayed about this whole thing for God to work it out cause we as christians were trying to help the mechanic out with his issues and only expected the same honesty to be returned (THou shalt not bear false witness - Exodus 20) and then he turned around and back stabbed us... well Psalms 82 says that God will defend his people...

Everything was worked out, he did not turn up, that also means the witness declerations were never given so everybodies names and addresses are not known by the tribunal and therefor the mechanic can not know them either which is a bonus and I get the money back.

Lord Thank You!

:cheers:

FLG

WOW...did the justice system actually WORK!!! Where are you from that this is possible?? And so quickly too!

Congrats!

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Steelshanks

:rofl:

Good job seeing it through. What goes around, comes around.

:2thumbs:
Confucius say: "Man who stand on toilet high on pot..."

My 1st Gen Resto Thread

loudmouthaussie

nice one mate.

never mind god though thank the english court system. theres plenty worse  ;) :2thumbs:
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

400/6/PAC

Glad things are working out for You. :2thumbs:

dkn1997

so the court or cttt pays you and then THEY go after the guy?  I love it!!  That's the way it should be.
RECHRGED

451-74Charger

Quote from: G-man on December 07, 2009, 12:33:19 AM
Hi

Im sure you all remember when i had that mechanic issue with taking my money no receipts given no work done problem I had which I took to the department of Fair trading down here in sydney.

That be Down Under, not England mate

Arthu®

Quote from: 451-74Charger on December 07, 2009, 10:00:03 AM
Quote from: G-man on December 07, 2009, 12:33:19 AM
Hi

That be Down Under, not England mate

I assume you are referring to the post about the English court system, well their system is the English court system, it used to belong to the British Empire.

Great that it was settled quite fast and effectively, let us know if you actually receive the money just as easy.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

G-man

I will let you know how it goes and how he ends up paying... cause if he doesnt they will reposses his goods or house if need be to give me the 2500 back.

So either way should be easy now because its not me chasing but them. :icon_smile_big:

41husk

Sounds great George, getting closer to that 68 :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Silver R/T

good to hear that its working out for you
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

:2thumbs: Good news. That's actually kind of a cool way to decide a payment. Around here they hand out small claims decisions left and right but it's almost as if actually paying is an option.

Landonsrt

Quote from: bull on December 07, 2009, 10:03:56 PM
:2thumbs: Good news. That's actually kind of a cool way to decide a payment. Around here they hand out small claims decisions left and right but it's almost as if actually paying is an option.

And its usually not an option that the guilty follows through with. Unless garnishing wages happens. Congrats on getting your money back from that idiot.

G-man

I was going to give the guy $700 from the 2500 for the work he did do but since he stuffed me around for this long and making me wait and waste fuel and phone calls and all the extra headache i didnt need... thanks for your near 1000 dollars worth of services for free.  :slap:

dookie01