News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New here and pics of my 71 Superbee :) New pics! 2/19/06

Started by Couga, February 14, 2006, 02:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Couga

Wow, no comments? maybe I should start a buildup thread when I get the 383 back together and video the first crank/breakin . :scratchchin:

71 Bee Man

Quote from: Couga on January 19, 2008, 12:54:11 AM
Wow, no comments? maybe I should start a buildup thread when I get the 383 back together and video the first crank/breakin . :scratchchin:

G'day Couga,

always to see other peoples Super Bee's. I think you'll like it more with front disc brakes. As for the diff, I've just finished rebuilding mine with a 3.55 Sure Grip from Moparts P&S. Runs great and only did the axle bearings a couple of days ago as well. It's never ending on these cars, isn't it ? :shruggy:

Peter
Sydney, Australia.
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

mikesbbody

couga, great score  :2thumbs: you definitly should put your car on johnny bee's site that's THE place for 71 super bee's

Couga

Peter,
Yes it's never ending- If I get the top replaced and the new motor back in and some fresh rubber I'm taking it on a small road trip.

Mike,
I plan on getting it on th site, I work at nights and sleep most of the day - so I haven't had much time to do it but it will be there :)

I also had a bad experience last week, I was on the way home- just around the corner from my house and a deer jumped out in front of me and I hit it. Well I got lucky and it didnt go through the winshield it flew over the drivers side of the car and landed in a ditch. As I stopped it got up and ran off. So now I have had to source a hood and new headlights for my 91 notchback mustang 4cyl I use for my daily.

I believe I saw a thread with Butterbee asking about a certain aftermarket mfg body parts?
I believe I will need a drivers side lower patch panel, and I was wondering about the fit. Or would it just be better to get  a clean 1/4 cut off and sent to me off another car?

I'll take pics of what I am talking about and post up tomorrow.

The list gets longer and longer.... lol

Couga

Update::
Met Goldfinger 71 at a local shop that I plan on having my top replaced at.
Got things taken care of so now I can turn my attention back to the 'Bee.
I'll get pics/video once I get the engine in.

hemi68charger

Again, I'll say WOW !!!!  That is one nice car at a grand...........  Actually nice color combination..............    :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

mikesbbody

couga, id just like to add build it how you want it I know some guys will tell you not to put the ram charger hood on etc but its your car i say do what you want as long as it can be changed back  :2thumbs: once again great score and a great price  :2thumbs:

Couga

Wow,
It's been a looooong time...

I have acquired some parts since the last time I got here. New Qtr panels are on the way, and a inner wheelhouse and trunk extension for the driver's side.

Talked to the shop about replacing the sheetmetal, so things are moving forward. I will know once I get the parts in. Now I need a drivers side floor pan, or do they make these 1 piece now?

I'll update the thread soon,
Thanks,
Steve

FJ6N96

Couga

Ok,
Update..
I have 2 ful Qrtr panels, drivers side innner wheelhouse, and trunk extension on the way from AMD. I was pleasantly advised that these are stamped and the original thickness sheetmetal from Dave and will post pics when I get them home. :2thumbs:

Still looking for a floorpan, and possibly a roof.

I have been turning the "equipment shelter" into a garage so I can work on the Bee and the Cougar.

I have to say I'm looking forward to getting this on the road finally, even though it will probably be months ahead.

Thanks FJ6N96 I will go check the site out and register it as well.

383 Magnum is coming along nicely, I put in a mopar purple shaft 272 duration cam ,(if I remember correctly) I think it was a little more than factory- think I am going to have to use a stall converter with this? I am also running a factory intake as well.

Thanks in adavance,

Steve