News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71 Charger-How to remove front bumper?

Started by NHCharger, December 03, 2005, 08:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

Attempting to remove the front bumper, has the hidden headlights. I have removed the 2 stationary grilles, and disconnected the headlight motor. If I remove the valance and remove all the bumper bolts will the entire assembly slide right out? I have gone through my FSM and it doesn't say how to remove bumper, just shows where the bolts are.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

twilt

That should do the trick. Its the valance to fender bolts that always give me headaches.

Nacho-RT74

Assembly plant did join all the parts with valance and shield installed, since car is painted and then bumper assemblied. Don't really need to remove valance and splash shield but will need less care to remove if you do it.

all you need is remove the lateral braces, the uppers,   remove the two centers bumper bolts to loose the main supports where normally bumper guards are if yo don't have them, and then the two at each frame rails. on THAT point, the inner frame rails supports will be removed from back and the other one will be removed with bumper to the front. You will need help to do it.

P.S.: inner supports will be removed after remove the bumper
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel