News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Farewell to the ORNGHEMI

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, December 01, 2009, 03:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Some people sure get pissy over a car SOMEONE ELSE bought... :rotz:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

charger01

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on December 06, 2009, 02:16:41 AM
Some people sure get pissy over a car SOMEONE ELSE bought... :rotz:

Yep, I agree. Although I will never buy a foreign car no matter how superior in quality in may appear to be.  My dollars will go back into an American company.  Just the way I have always felt, but on the other side of the coin.  Everyone works for their own money and has the freedom to choose whatever they like foreign or domestic.

OneofNoneRT

Did you kick captain dodge off the site? :scratchchin:
1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: OneofNoneRT on December 06, 2009, 02:58:57 PM
Did you kick captain dodge off the site? :scratchchin:

I think was refering to the 69 registry.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

mikepmcs

GOOD GUY ALERT! 

Just wanted to personally thank Chris for his generous gift I received in the mail. You're the man and I appreciate the little extra something.  The fact that you even thought of me was more than enough.  ;D

I think the new ride looks mint, and Honda, well, superior tech cannot be denied. Have a blast with it!  :2thumbs: :cheers:

THANKS AGAIN CHRIS!

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Beep Beep Dave

Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.
Man is that Honda fungly.
It very well could e the 1st and last car sold :hah:  :smilielol:

Did you trade in the Daytona? If so what did they give you for it?

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

elanmars

Quote from: myk on December 05, 2009, 03:07:16 PM
You know there are 1st Gen Charger guys that say anything after their generation are rip-offs of the original Charger name.  My point is that just because it says Charger on it and it isn't a generation of your liking doesn't mean it isn't deserving of the name to begin with.

Oh and that 4 door turd that he sold will run circles all day around any of our "real" Chargers...

its not about speed for me, so while that 4 door turd may leave me in the dust if I "raced" one, I still have the better car.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Rolling_Thunder

I love how you guys who are so against buying a foreign car are the same people who have never seemed to own one...     maybe ignorance is bliss...       

Yes- you guys give your money to Ford so they can fly their higher ups in their personal jets and what not...     more power to you...    I'm not one to spend my money on something because of where it comes from...      i buy the better quality stuff that i like better....     

Chris bought a car that fit his needs...     hell If my daily driver was getting 11mpg i'd sell that piece of shit too....       I see a lot of people on this board bashing Chris but let me ask you all something - why didn't one of you guys buy his car from him if it was so wonderful and great ?     :shruggy:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

TheGhost

Because A) I didn't know it was for sale and B) I lack the funds.  Otherwise, you bet your ass I'd have jumped on it.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Troy

Quote from: captaindodge on December 05, 2009, 08:56:25 PM
Were's your dignity? How many years did we lament for a rear wheel drive v-8? Whats wrong with Challenger?
What could be more boring than a swollen azz honda? Remember Pearl Harbor! Sorry I registered my "69. ::) :'( :icon_smile_angry: :icon_smile_blackeye: :icon_smile_dissapprove: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Family cars are supposed to be boring. You cannot fit child seats in a Challenger (ok, they fit but putting kids in them isn't easy) and it's just as bad on NY roads as the Charger. Chris has the 69 if he wants a play toy.

Quote from: captaindodge on December 05, 2009, 09:16:57 PM
I am planning on buying an '06 R/T in the spring. Thanks for the inspiration. Why did you have to tell us this? Must be one of those self-loathing liberals. A hybrid would be good for you Wuss.
So, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Charger manufactured in Canada by a German company (at least until mid-2007)? That means the '06 Charger is even less American than a Honda built in the US.

A true self loathing liberal would be telling every one else what to drive wouldn't they? I think it's commendable to do what's best for one's family above personal desires.

Having said that, I'm not a big fan :D - but I didn't like the Charger either and I think this one is more practical.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69 OUR/TEA

Never heard of this new model until now,sharp looking car. :2thumbs: I can understand your desicion,practicality is key.Congrats!!!!!!

bsakal

Were's your dignity? How many years did we lament for a rear wheel drive v-8? Whats wrong with Challenger?
What could be more boring than a swollen azz honda? Remember Pearl Harbor! Sorry I registered my "69. ::) :'( :icon_smile_angry: :icon_smile_blackeye: :icon_smile_dissapprove: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

You're sorry you registered your '69 because the owner of the registry bought a Honda? Dude, you need to grow up. Chris and his registry has helped a lot of people, myself included. And Chris is always ready to answer a question, and never complains about it. Believe me, I've asked him a lot of stupid questions. And mentioning Pearl Harbor? Give it a rest already. Kick this tool off the site, please.
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

Just 6T9 CHGR

Its all good guys....cant please everyone (although I wasnt trying to please anyone but myself ;) )

Thanks to all for the kudos
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

elanmars

so Japanese shouldn't buy American cars? "Remember Hiroshima!"  ::)

That Honda is probably more American than that so called 06 Charger anyway!
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Ghoste

Hard to say, Japan doesn't typically make it too easy for other countries to sell their products there. :icon_smile_wink:

captaindodge

No bsakal, we are not going to "give it a rest already" on December 7. It is Pearl Harbor day in the U.S. And I certainly do believe you asked Chris a lot of stupid questions. But Troy, you want to commend him for being a martyr for his family....he just said "(although I wasn't trying to please anyone but myself)". By the way Chris knew to put on the flame suit when he started this so let him speak for himself.

Chris G.

Quote from: captaindodge on December 07, 2009, 08:00:56 PM
No bsakal, we are not going to "give it a rest already" on December 7. It is Pearl Harbor day in the U.S. And I certainly do believe you asked Chris a lot of stupid questions. But Troy, you want to commend him for being a martyr for his family....he just said "(although I wasn't trying to please anyone but myself)". By the way Chris knew to put on the flame suit when he started this so let him speak for himself.

You are a complete tool. If you tell me you're over 15, I will be shocked. Go away already, you and your 12 posts won't be missed. :Twocents:

resq302

Chris,

Congrats on the new car and best of luck with it.  I, personally am not a fan of that styling of car, but again, I was not the one who bought the car.  If you liked it and you bought it, then you did the right thing for you!  I was never personally a fan of the 4 door charger basically cause I thought it brought the charger name down a notch.  After owning a complete piece of crap 2005 ram hemi quad cab that had nothing but problems, I started to shy away from Chrysler newer products once they got bought out by Daimler.

Again, only you can justify what your needs are and if this car suites you best, then kudos!  I bought a 2005 F-150 FX-4 truck after my dodge incident because I thought it was far superior compared to every other truck out there.  Not only did it tow more but seemed to handle better on the road than any other truck I test drove.  Again, the vehicle that you choose has to suite you since most of us spend more time in our cars traveling anymore than we do working on them.

Good luck with it, and hopefully the people that have a bug up their ass with this topic take a piss in the wind!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: captaindodge on December 07, 2009, 08:00:56 PM
No I wasn't trying to please anyone on THIS SITE....clear enough for you?  My family is quite pleased thank you....well except my older daughter.  She liked the attention she got when I pick her up from high school.  I think its better this way now...outta ammo for the shotgun ;)

I put the "flame suit" on for my friends...not for a dolt that has to bring up Pearl Harbor because someone bought a foreign car.

PS---the sad part is that El Capitan well over 15 :rotz:

PSS--we're done here.  Gotta love this place
Chris' '69 Charger R/T