News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

automobile.. er wait.. snowmobile??

Started by RD, March 02, 2010, 11:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

Nash Metropolitan "Metrosled"  *disclaimer - this is not me trying to sell this thing.. just thought it would be of interest to see*
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Manfred318

:rofl: That thing is pretty cool, not 10k cool tho.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

dads_69

Seen that car and many other cars/bikes he works on/builds here. Cool but odd also.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Ghoste

It's interesting but unfortunately it was likely worth a lot more money before they boogered it up.  There is a bit of a cult following for those things.

Tilar

I loved those old Nash Metropolitans. Did you know that 4 people can pick one up and turn it sideways between two other parked cars? Don't ask me how I know this.  :whistling:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

DC_1

Kinda useless having a spare tire cover on the back.......

A383Wing

Quote from: Tilar on March 03, 2010, 10:19:34 AM
I loved those old Nash Metropolitans. Did you know that 4 people can pick one up and turn it sideways between two other parked cars? Don't ask me how I know this.  :whistling:

I got one...

<not sure why I said that>

RD

wing,

how hard is it to change the wheel on that thing? :D

Tilar

Quote from: A383Wing on March 03, 2010, 11:11:33 PM
Quote from: Tilar on March 03, 2010, 10:19:34 AM

I got one...

<not sure why I said that>

Thats awesome, I love it! When are you going to put the "01" on the door?   :poke:

I remember a teacher I had back in the mid 60's that had one. Actually she was retired and a sub teacher but she worked almost every week so I saw her car quite often.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ghoste on March 03, 2010, 09:11:41 AM
It's interesting but unfortunately it was likely worth a lot more money before they boogered it up.  There is a bit of a cult following for those things.

ya thats what i thought, arent they a limited production model?   :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

PocketThunder

Nevermind i guess these things are relatively inexpensive.  Found this on ebay, it sold for only $1,424 .

There were approximately 95,000 Metropolitans built for sale by Nash/Hudson/AMC.  The first serial number was 1001, and the highest one is E-95986.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1956-Nash-Metropolitan-Original-Paint-Blk-Plate-CA-Car_W0QQitemZ130369735059QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item1e5aa44993

Damn i could see picking one of these up to bomb around town in.   :yesnod:  Kind of like and oversized go-kart!   :drive:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ghoste

I don't know for sure how many they made.  All I know is that I have seen a few come up at auction and sometimes they draw pretty big money (at least by my yardstick).  I've seen them go for 2 or 3 times what that dude is asking for that thing.  I've seen them go for less too.  :shruggy:

PocketThunder

You know what i would really like to get is an amphicar.  I live a few miles from a large lake (Minnetonka) and its impossible to get a dock slip for a boat on this lake unless you are rich, so the next best thing would be and amphicar to take my spouse on a date to one of the dock side restaurants.  Now these things have a cult following and are almost HEMI Charger expensive in excellent condition.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rare-1962-Amphicar-Model-770-Convertible-Low-Miles_W0QQitemZ370341669745QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item563a156b71

A383Wing

Quote from: RD on March 03, 2010, 11:12:50 PM
wing,

how hard is it to change the wheel on that thing? :D

Piece of cake...jack point is just under middle of door, you just jack it up and suspension drops down to allow wheel to come off....you can change both front & rear at same time on each side.

You guys think parts for our Chargers are pricey? You should try buying parts for these Metros....example, all brake shoes, all 6 wheel cylinders, 3 brake hoses, brake master cylinder, clutch master cylinder,& clutch slave cyl was a little over $550

Almost everything is being reproduced...

mauve66

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 04, 2010, 08:58:43 AM
Damn i could see picking one of these up to bomb around town in.   :yesnod:  Kind of like and oversized go-kart!   :drive:

i want a hot 340 with pulling truck headers coming out the hood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

dads_69

A simpleThe guy selling the ice car sled had a 454 big block chevy motor in one not long ago, was a tight fit and worthless IMO but he built it.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.