News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Eastwood Rust Converter

Started by E5 Charger, November 07, 2009, 04:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E5 Charger

I bought Eastwood's Rust Converter about a year ago and am just getting around to using it. I was surprised that part A was so thick and a pinky brown colour. When I mixed in part B it did thin it out and lightened the colour a bit. I've only used Rustmort in the past, which is much thinner and clear. I was just wondering if it has gone bad or if that is how it looks? I just checked after it has been on for half an hour and the rusted area is now black. Anyone use it before?

E5 Charger

45 people viewed this post and know one has used this product? Someone out there must have used it before.

mopar_nut_440_6

I would suggest calling Eastwood. Sorry I have never used it either.
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

twodko

I bought 2 of Eastwoods rust products. Their rust encapsulator and the rust converter. I used the converter within 6 months of purchase and it was black, fairly viscous and did the job. The spray can of encapsulator was used for places i couldn't reach. The stuff I bought wasn't a 2 part system so I'm not sure what product you're talking about. Try it on a peice of rusted scrap metal or call Eastwood. Good luck

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

E5 Charger

I noticed on Eastwood's web site that they have replaced the two part system with a new product. Hmm, makes you wonder about the two part.