News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Auto hobby fads (what will replace rice?)

Started by Ghoste, November 09, 2009, 12:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: b5blue on November 09, 2009, 01:12:21 AM
The way the market is heading.....electric go carts.  :eek2:
Close.  Electric cars.  There are some real sharp fast cars already out there, and being made. Automobile mag has a spread on some future things in the works and they are real sharp looking.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

greenpigs

I am going to say super lightweight. The kinda do it now, with carbonfiber. It needs to be bolton stuff for the lemmings. More efficent rides as in 11 sec 25 mpg rides. And not just mustangs and newer rides with NOS. Yet again thats nothing new but I think the 'cool' factor will go to the 60's rides that can do this.   
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

HollyWoodCharger

I'll got out a limb here and make a Prediction or two...

These styles will make a comeback in the next 5-10 years...

(1) late 70's thru to the early 90's Street Machine and Street Rod styles...

(2) Pro Street will see a bit of a surge in popularity again...

(3) You'll see a number of late 80's and early 90's Show Cars and the style will catch on with the younger crowd...

(4) Speed equipment syles of the 60's and 70's will come back too, Cragars, Keystones, High Jackers, Sun Tachs, old school MSD ignition boxes.

These cars will see a popularity increase mainly due to a supply that is still pretty and parts are cheap...

GM cars like the Monte Carlo, Buick Regal, Olds Cutlass, Pontiac Grand Prix, 70'S AND 80'S Camaros, and Firebirds, and the 90's era Firebird Trans Am, The Corvette will see some popularity as well, mainly due to low purchase prices now on them....... I've seen them sell for less than 10G's in very nice shape as of lately.

Ford fans will see the Fairmont, Mustang, and Capri of the late 70's to early to mid 90's Mustangs gain as well

Mopar guys will turn to the mid to late 70's Cop Car and pick ups, the 80's and 90's Econobox and Caravan - Yoyager
front wheel drive, I also see the early Dakota from 87-96 gain some fans too...

The Imports will not go away anytime soon, they will probably re-invent themselves a time or two more, but all the styles from Tuner of the late 90's to early 00's, thru the current Drift craze will continue on for sometime to come.

I'll also say that the newest B.S. fad of going green may start to see some old cars retro-fitted with Diesel and Electric powered or Hybrid Technology..

The70RT

The day mid 80s - 90 mini vans make a comeback all of us will be taking the big dirt nap.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on November 13, 2009, 01:13:50 PM
The day mid 80s - 90 mini vans make a comeback all of us will be taking the big dirt nap.
quintin was talking about trading one of his dead daytona's for a running turbo minivan   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

The70RT

Quote from: moparstuart on November 13, 2009, 01:33:59 PM
Quote from: The70RT on November 13, 2009, 01:13:50 PM
quintin was talking about trading one of his dead daytona's for a running turbo minivan   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Like you said ...dead. I would rather drive than push too  :smilielol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BIRD67

I'm not 100 percent positive, so dont go shunting me around, but I have noticed alot more of things like stock looking cars, not sleepers, that have been built up, performance-wise..
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

HollyWoodCharger

The Reason I mentioned the econobox Mopars was because I'm seeing a number of these turning up locally with kids buying them dirt cheap from the original owners, and swapping the Turbo in-line 4's into them....

I've also seen a few of the early Shelby Chargers and Rampages starting to turn up occassionally...