News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does any one know the stall speed for the 11 inch coverter?

Started by 69rrgrabber, November 09, 2009, 05:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69rrgrabber

:laugh:Just discovered the site here and love it!  Don't know how I missed it.  I'm restoring a 69 Charger R/T ( took ten years to find) and am at the point of choosing a cam/converter. Does any one know the stall speed for the 11 inch converter that came with the 69 Charger RT?  It is the 440 magnum and I was going to upgrade the cam to the 60303 voodoo cam or very similar.  The car has a 3.55 dana and 275/60 tires in back.

Thanks!
CAC

John_Kunkel

A '69 440 would have come with a 12" converter (actually 11.75"), the chart below shows the '69 stall speed specs.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

69rrgrabber

:cheers:Thanks for the reply.  I guess that I need to figure out where this converter came from.  It is just like the 11 inch converter I have in my 69 Road Runner, 383 motor so I figured that it was stock. 

Thanks
CAC

69charger440

dont know about the converter, but that is a good cam  :yesnod: Had it in my 440 also. Isnt afraid to spin the tires at all!!   

-CAUTION: Beware of tire wear. Check wallet for tire money!!!  :nana:
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

John_Kunkel

The stall speed chart below is for '75 when the 440 did come with the smaller converter.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

69rrgrabber

:scratchchin: John thanks for the charts, I'll put a copy of each in my binder.  It is interesting that they would have a higher stall converter in a 1975 440 then the 1969 :shruggy: But that converter should be a good match for that 303 Voodoo cam. 

Hey 69Charger440, can you tell me more about your set up.  I'd really like to be able to lay rubber w/o powerbreaking and get close to 450HP and 550 Torque.

Thanks,
CAC

69charger440

Well I had a 440 with that lunati cam in it! I had rebuild 516 close chamber heads. And freshly rebuilt transmission! (cant remember what they did to it)  It also had a 750 holley, 10in converter, with a 4:10 posi in the rear! Not sure of the horse power but it would lay down some rubber?!!  :2thumbs:

That is after my father (IDAHOGRUMPYBEAR) rebuilt the carb for me!    Thanks! DAD!! :cheers:

I never took it to the track. Actually I have yet to register the charger!!  But it is a cheap engine to build. Might not be the fastest but still a great time!
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP