News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is there a stencil kit for a painted Daytona Stripe?

Started by Charger-Bodie, November 15, 2009, 12:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Like the title says. The only reason Im considering this route is to avoid any color diff between the stripe and the wing.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

nascarxx29

You might try asking if PCG will sell you just the daytona letters
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparstuart

Quote from: nascarxx29 on November 15, 2009, 12:26:20 PM
You might try asking if PCG will sell you just the daytona letters
I agree if any one had one dave(performance car graphics )would and if he doesnt have one he will for sure make you one .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Kismgby

:brickwall:
When I was in St. Lou for MMW, I had an argument with a (Ford) guy who was CONVINCED that I was supposed to have a painted stripe and NOT a sticker.  If he ever runs into your car, he'll go on believing that the "girl" didn't know what she was talking about.   :shruggy:

pettybird

Quote from: Kismgby on November 15, 2009, 10:35:53 PM
:brickwall:
When I was in St. Lou for MMW, I had an argument with a (Ford) guy who was CONVINCED that I was supposed to have a painted stripe and NOT a sticker.  If he ever runs into your car, he'll go on believing that the "girl" didn't know what she was talking about.   :shruggy:

if you see him again smack him in the forehead a la the V8 juice commercials.

Charger-Bodie

It will only be a last resort option anyway....most likely will be a decal.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on November 17, 2009, 09:23:08 AM
Have the paint color matched to the stripe.

Yeah, that what I probably will do....I can tint any color to match, the promlem is that it will always look a little different due to the shine and texture. I will have to see what suits me I guess.

hemigeno

A friend of mine who just finished up a red stripe Daytona restoration complained bitterly about how hard it was to match the wing paint to the stripe - at least to suit his trained eye.  He said that when the stripe is applied on the quarterpanels the body color will change the tint of the stripe slightly... enough to bother him anyway.  The darker the body color is, the more of a tint effect there would be, so maybe you'll be OK with a W1 car & red stripe? 

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hemigeno on November 17, 2009, 04:08:50 PM
A friend of mine who just finished up a red stripe Daytona restoration complained bitterly about how hard it was to match the wing paint to the stripe - at least to suit his trained eye.  He said that when the stripe is applied on the quarterpanels the body color will change the tint of the stripe slightly... enough to bother him anyway.  The darker the body color is, the more of a tint effect there would be, so maybe you'll be OK with a W1 car & red stripe?  

Im not sure as of yet.....Id probably need to tint it to the stripe once its applied,but then Im kinda dedicated to the decal......All I know for sure is that stuff like that,If it where off,is all Id see when I look at the car.  :brickwall:

Are the stripes pretty shiny? I mean they will never shine like paint but?

hemigeno

I think the stripes are glossy, but like you say, they don't shine like paint.

Clearcoat 'em in place - then they'll shine!   :P

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hemigeno on November 17, 2009, 04:28:52 PM

Oh God,NO!!

hemigeno

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on November 17, 2009, 04:29:26 PM
Quote from: hemigeno on November 17, 2009, 04:28:52 PM

Oh God,NO!!

:lol:

Dave Kanofsky

It's pretty shiny, especially after a few coats of wax.  Look at the reflection in mine...

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

UFO

Quote from: hemigeno on November 17, 2009, 04:08:50 PM
He said that when the stripe is applied on the quarterpanels the body color will change the tint of the stripe slightly...

If you painted the wing the same as the body(and then stripe color),wouldn't that eliminate or at least minimize the tint.