News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Valve cover bracket

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, November 07, 2009, 09:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixt8Chrgr

Can someone tell me what this bracket holds that is attached to the valve cover. This is on my 68 383 4bbl.

Thanks,

Ghoste

Looks like a plug wire bracket to me.

Sixt8Chrgr

That is what I was thinking too. Do you know where I can see a diagram that shows the proper routing for the plug wires? I would like to replace the wires and put them where they are suppose to go.

Thanks,

b5blue

I think there is a plastic "holder" that clips on that.

68r/t

I think that cover is off a C body, I bought a pair of 68 C body covers and one of them had that bracket while my friends B body covers do not.

Sixt8Chrgr

Very well could be. I am trying to get a hold of a diagram showing the correct spark plug wiring. I think that would help me to determine what I have.

Thanks,

gtx6970

Spark plug wire clip bracket - valve cover is off a C-body without HP exhaust

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: gtx6970 on November 08, 2009, 09:52:52 AM
Spark plug wire clip bracket - valve cover is off a C-body without HP exhaust

OK thanks

b5blue

Looks like you have a C body motor in there.

histoy

I believe that there is a white plastic or nylon piece that clips around the individual wire, and then it slips into the groove in the bracket.   There would be one of them for each wire that fastens into this style of bracket.   The plastic piece is available at most Mopar parts suppliers.