News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need advice about selling my car

Started by rcapooch, November 03, 2009, 04:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

Quote from: rcapooch on November 06, 2009, 04:51:41 PM
Quote from: 68charger383 on November 06, 2009, 12:06:03 AM
Quote from: rcapooch on November 05, 2009, 01:32:18 PM
Let me ask a question, maybe it's me, but when you sell an item, you are to advertise the item a bit higher than what you actually want for the car Right ? Because there are people out there that want to wheel and deal and low ball Right? That is what I was told when you sell, start out high, than come down, Right or wrong ? I'm not trying to be a smart ass here, I am trying to figure this all out. I am asking $24,000 obo Make me an offer I can't refuse ! so me stating that in my ad is to tell people i will move off of this price, Correct?

Everyone seems to think I want $24,000 and that it. Am I doin this ad of mine wrong ? am I sending out the wrong signals about the price of the car ?  :shruggy:
                                                                      Thanks
                                                                        Ron

If after 6 months your not getting any action, your price is off. Normally, someone would get pictures and then knock you down on the condition in order to try and get the car for $20K. But if they think the car is only worth, let's say $15K, then they probably won't bother since they figure you won't come down that far in your price. I bet you have a lot of lookers waiting for you to lower your price down to what they think the car is worth.

So if you don't need to sell, hold firm until you get your price. If you want to sell, drop the price until you get some bites.

Here is a pretty nice car 71 Super Bee selling for $15,500.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/1450671777.html

If that guy gets 15K for his car, Than I should have no problem getting 22k for mine.

I don't see him getting 10 for it :Twocents:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

68charger383

I think the $15,500 car was priced based on the price your asking for your car. He seems to mention that the car would be worth $25K when you fix it up. I'd say the car is worth $8K-$10K.

Here is another on selling for $12K. I would say the car is worth $5K (a slight premium above a similar 71 R/T in similar condition)  http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/1453565746.html
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Brock Samson

FYI:
Taking what folks are saying on this thread I've decided to lower my R.R.s' price to $12K.
:shruggy:

68charger383

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 07, 2009, 07:57:58 PM
FYI:
Taking what folks are saying on this thread I've decided to lower my R.R.s' price to $12K.

I wish I would have waited, but I just bought a firebird last week. I paid about 2/3 of what the car would have cost 2 years ago, to good of a deal to pass up.

I think you''ll move the car real quick for $12K, it's now a steal. Good Luck   :cheers:

<-----1,000 post
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 07, 2009, 07:57:58 PM
FYI:

Exhibit A:  Someone wanting to move a car.  :icon_smile_wink:

Forza

I'm surprised as hell that your car hasn't sold yet Brock. If I had a few less bills I'd be snatching that in a heart beat. Love those 71's  :2thumbs:

rcapooch

Well, I put mine back on the e-bag again, I will have to see what happens. I knocked it down a grand. with a best offer option.
                                             Thanks again for all the input you guys gave me !!!!!   :cheers:
                                                                                  Ron

Brock Samson

mine's been on CL and here since Jan. and I can't begin to tell you how many picture's of the car I've sent all over the internet... I finally reached the end of my rope a few weeks back when a guy wasted my Sat. saying he would be out to look at the car. and never showed...  or called, or answered his phone... :scratchchin: This - after i spent an hour on the phone and sent out 20 pics over two days...
Anyhow, the RV is up for sale now too...  :P remember my "Getting Out of Dodge" thread?.. I'm afraid I've reached that point.

The70RT

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 08, 2009, 10:44:27 AM
mine's been on CL and here since Jan. and I can't begin to tell you how many picture's of the car I've sent all over the internet... I finally reached the end of my rope a few weeks back when a guy wasted my Sat. saying he would be out to look at the car. and never showed...  or called, or answered his phone... :scratchchin: This - after i spent an hour on the phone and sent out 20 pics over two days...
Anyhow, the RV is up for sale now too...  :P remember my "Getting Out of Dodge" thread?.. I'm afraid I've reached that point.

For one you need to show what's under the tape. I don't think you ever showed a close up pic or even mentioned any rust. How about some under the hood shots, front door panels and front seat pics. A lot more info and detailed pics would help  :Twocents:

41husk

I spent 5 hours today taking floor board, trunk, wheel well, inside quarters and fire wall pics.  and sent them to Australia.  The bad part is after seeing how solid she is, I am more convinced it is well worth the asking price :brickwall:  Brock, I had a wrestler's dad looking for a 71-73 RR a few months ago.  Yours was a little out of his price range then, if he has not purchased anything yet, he may be interested.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Brock Samson

Sold it a half hour ago, A great guy drove the 1 1/2 hours and gave me a deposit..  :2thumbs:

Forza

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 08, 2009, 08:15:27 PM
  Sold it a half hour ago, A great guy drove the 1 1/2 hours and gave me a deposit..  :2thumbs:
:cheers: :2thumbs:

The70RT

68charger383

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

41husk

Congratulations, some one got a great deal!!!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

General_01

I will be keeping my eye on it. I would not get your hopes up. It is a nice car, but it isn't a $23,000 car in this market. Non matching motor and originally an automatic that has been converted to a 4 speed(was the hump replaced and if it was, how good was the welding and such) are gonna be deal breakers along with the bubbling paint and rust issues. Just my opinion, but I really don't see the car going for much over $16,000 on Ebay.

Don't get me wrong. I like your car. Got one myself. Also a non numbers car. I just think if I had $23,000 laying around in this economy, I would be looking at getting something that is original and would have a better chance at keeping it's value. Right now a non numbers matching car priced at what a numbers matching car is not it. I checked on John Bobers site, and the value for a 1971 Superbee 383 automatic is at about $29,000. Yours is non numbers matching and it is now a four speed. Some might say more desirable, but when you get up into this kind of money, it is only desirable if it came that way or if you have money to burn.

I do wish you good luck. I like the color. I hope you find the right buyer who just has to have your car.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed